SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

news and input

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: news and input Reply with quote

Is this the worst "fan" site on the planet?
No news, no input from the band?

Pretty sad methinks....
I'll go and check my other friends.
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

years ago i thought it was the bees knees, not any more, and the last newletter has come out and apart from nice reviews of seduction, the only other old new reviews was of katie melua and yoko ono mixes ...which was 2010, no information of any thing the mael are doing, or of any future things to look forward to, so i have to agree with you, Loz, the feeling that you are part of something special, has well and truely gone !!! and the worst part is this is so easy to rectify, i think as i have always said the person running this sparks official site only need one thing they need is INTEREST IN SPARKS and SPARKS FANS!!!!
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a plus note....the new-look newsletter has a glossy "feel" to it...giving it a more polished style...so a big credit to Frank and Madeline for all their effort.
Thanks guys.
Who knows, maybe now that the formatting for that is done, there will be more to report...but to be fair...is it really worth them just posting..."Nothing new to report as the previously mentioned items are still pending!"? If there is nothing to report...no point in just saying that is there? (IMO).
Yes, maybe Ron or Russell could just drop a little line in, with exciting tales of buying a new puppy for Christmas and an article on hedge-trimming.....I'd be cheering the input...but I'd have a betting slip with "Complaints about mundane tales" Odds on Fav... in my pocket ready to go to William Hill(other betting establishments are available!).
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ron playing the keyboards on 1 song of jim wilson, is news, but nothing mentioned here.....as ive said a million times, ron and russ are workaholics, quotes by their band mates!!, so, are they just sitting by telephones doing nothing???, I THINK NOT!!!, Its a shame for 2 of the most under rated, unique .and talented musicians, to have such a poor fan site, of which they are partly to blame, because they should be aware of this sad site, (wait for the spineless nasties to have a go now lol), and very dissapointed with Loz backup on this posting... IN THE WORDS OF SPARKS .....BALLS!!! ALL YOU NEED IS BALLS!!
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is constructive debate not a back stabbing motion!!, i work for a company that would see this as an opportunity to to get your house in order, and improve on its weakness so this is a positive not negative issue!!!
leslie hanagan
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of the newsletter, has anyone received a printed version of it? I got a copy via e-mail which (and I apologise if this sounds like moaning) is not what I paid for.
Stephen
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is anybody bothering with newsletters?
I gave up all the since the dawn of the internet.
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you check the merchandise section, the newsleters are ONLY now via email, so goodbye glossy look!!!!
loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if have offended anyone on here by my post. Just, other bands that I care for actually give real input to their fan sites. Yes, even daft stuff, like "Got a new Puppy".
Silly stuff like that, insignificant as it may be, would be welcome and a huge boost to fans. I rest my case....
Check out my other friends' web pages.... Updated daily with comments from the guys themselves....
lilywearsmoschino
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's all gone very quiet here on the news front!! Hopefully some gig news will come out soon (she says hopefully!!)
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite sure they are in the studio working on a daily basis, that is just Sparks' style. Still getting investors so that the film can be made, I imagine. I hear moaning yes indeed, we must be patient folks, although healthy discussion such as this is probably quite welcome & I'll bet R & R get a kick out of this kind of banter. Let's really give em something to laugh about! Who else has something to contribute to this discussion?? I kinda veered off of the website and newsletter topic, but seriously ........ what ever happened to those funny rhymes you guys used to dream up?? They were hysterical!

By the way, we've got 22 fantastic cds/albums to listen to whenever we want to and they will never get old. Ron Playing
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i am a happy bunny... my GLOSSY newsletter arrived, the is a dog lol
Deano
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my newsletter recently on my doormat.Can't be many bands around who send out fan club newsletters after around 40 years.Love to hear of any bands that send out physical copies of newsletters through the post for around 40 years??Also received an e-mail file copy the other week.
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A big thank you for the newsletter, which is particularly stunning with its pictures of the backdrop to the live performance event. Most welcome for those of us who'd have loved to have gone to that awesome multimedia experience but couldn't.
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allydodd wrote:
A big thank you for the newsletter, which is particularly stunning with its pictures of the backdrop to the live performance event. Most welcome for those of us who'd have loved to have gone to that awesome multimedia experience but couldn't.

Sorry - am knackered typing late at night - meant to say "cinema/theatrical/music/multimedia experience" in an effort to sum up all what was going on at the sensational show. Oh er.. still don't know if I've described it right in my ignorance ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: