SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who should play support for Sparks for future gigs?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK! I am totally out of order for posting those comments.
Just thoughts was all I intended...
loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You said it Aled.
You must be HUGE to afford the cost of touring nowadays!
loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aled!
I was invited to The Red Hot Chili Peppers at the O2 at the end of last year. 15,000 people every night, for three nights. That's what makes money!
One Hundred and twenty GB Pounds per person.
Care to do the sums????
Aled
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loz wrote:
Aled!
I was invited to The Red Hot Chili Peppers at the O2 at the end of last year. 15,000 people every night, for three nights. That's what makes money!
One Hundred and twenty GB Pounds per person.
Care to do the sums????

Okay, let's do the sums.

If the RHCP are charging £120 per ticket, (with all due respect, I highly doubt that they charge that amount... I saw Green Day at that venue for £37.50!), then yes that is making them a considerable amount of money. However, I have no doubt that a venue as large/popular as the O2 arena costs far more than the venues Sparks play, such as the HMV Forum, nor do Sparks require the large amount of crew that an O2 artist would require. This means that the money a band spends on putting on their show is relative to where they're playing. Comparing Sparks to the RHCP is bordering on 'apples and oranges'.

Besides, I'll ask you again - would The Seduction film make Sparks more money than the profits of ticket sales AND merch sold at the shows? It's almost 3 years since the release of TSOIB now, and activity on the Sparks front has been very quiet in anticipation of getting the film into production (I don't doubt the wisdom of R&R, they are visionaries and know what is best for their band). However, these past three years CAN'T have been as profitable for the band compared to the three years of 2006-08 where they had the releases of both HYL and ECOTD, along with widespread touring, festival appearances and TV performances (x2 Jonathan Ross shows etc). Whereas the most recent few years have been a silent wait for the film, which still sounds as though it isn't near the beginning of production yet (I could be completely wrong on this front, we know how Sparks like to surprise us).

So compared to those few years of busy activity for Sparks (let's not forget that HYL and ECOTD are their first albums to appear in the UK albums chart since No. 1 In Heaven), the past few years have been an outpouring of time, effort and MONEY which could lead to nothing in the end...

Creating films make putting on shows seem cheap as chips! I fully appreciate and acknowledge the economic difficulty of putting on shows these days, but you have to work with what you've got - I personally think doing a series of Seduction performances as Sparks shows would be more profitable than making a film. And, of course, I would get tickets the instant they go on sale!
LightsOut
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARSHEAUX!! ;O)
Deano
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy off The Voice who was Amy Whinehouse's mate.He has an incredible falsetto and anyone who has not heard him on The Voice please try and catch him,or use playback.I was totally blown away around 9 days ago when i heard him sing.I had heard him the previous weeks,but that night he was just sublime.I would love him to duet with our singer.
Deano
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His name is Tyler James and he sang Bring Me a Higher Love on episode 7 of the Voice.Its on youtube and he is the dogs,cool dress sense too,which always helps.
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having been well impressed with Friday's gig, I've just got to qualify the earlier suggestion that it should be the magnificently enigmatic Gemma Ray and her band.
GARY JOHN BARRETT
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: