SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Seduction of Ingemar Bergman - Live Stream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pim Derks
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really, that was it? Sitting in a theatre listening to the radio? Did Ron & Russell get on stage for a speech or something?
Micke
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pim Derks wrote:
Really, that was it? Sitting in a theatre listening to the radio? Did Ron & Russell get on stage for a speech or something?

That was that - and it was magic.

Speech... *start drum roll* as by a divine interaction, you are now able to view it, just hop over to the youtube-thread.
jill
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to read the comments on sr.se (the page you linked to on youtube). It seems that Sparks have just won some new Swedish fans!
Pim Derks
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micke wrote:
Pim Derks wrote:

I'm sure it was - but I'm glad I didn't book an expensive flight + hotel + trip... Would've loved to be there to hear it for the first time - but I rather save my money for the live-version which will hopefully appear in a couple of months.

Would be great if they did a show with a real orchestra for this - and then in the second half play some favorites in Plagiarism-style with just Ron/Russell and a string quartet.

Quote:

Act 1: The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman
Act 2: Sparks Plays Sparks

Hospitality On Parade
Slow Boat
Under The Table With Her
Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth
Those Mysteries
Let's Go Surfing
Talent is an Asset
Rhythm Thief
Likeable
Change
Dick Around
This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us

Ron & Russell - hope you read this ;)
parus
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micke wrote:
Pim Derks wrote:

Well, not to mention the slightly unfocussed projected backdrop of Ingmar Bergman and the slowly moving blue and purple spotlights...
/p
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from Philip Glass, I thought I noticed a little Michael Nyman influence too. It's all great!
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what Benny Anderson & Bjorn Ulvaeus made of it.. Bet theres not much going on in Sweden, Music Wise they dont get to Hear about...

The Stage Show is going to be Really Great... Not gonna happen overnight though I guess...
Rissacakes
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadcalm wrote:
I wonder what Benny Anderson & Bjorn Ulvaeus made of it.. Bet theres not much going on in Sweden, Music Wise they dont get to Hear about...

The Stage Show is going to be Really Great... Not gonna happen overnight though I guess...

Ah, you beat me to it!

Wouldn't it be something wonderful if Benny and Bjorn teamed up with Ron and Russ for a project?
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micke wrote:
Pim Derks wrote:

The "stereo" effect on track 16 Autograph Hounds..which was wonderfully apparent on my headphones was also played in the auditorium too...so the audience also experienced it and I am informed it was wonderful there too!
killtoknow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pim Derks wrote:

We (me + friends) had extra luck - we had seats in row two on the first balcony, and just before the broadcast began, we realized that row one was to be filled by ron + russell, the actors and their +1 people. i sat behind elin klinga and jonas malmsjö, and across my line of view on the right were ron and russell (sitting in front of my other friends).

it definitely made it extra special to get to sneak peeks at all of their reactions. there was much bobbing along to the music from everyone... :)

after the event was over, we came into more luck as some in our party needed to go to the bathroom, so we stayed behind on the balcony level. as we were to start going downstairs, the entire cast + ron and russell made their way up the stairs to continue to some sort of afterparty. russell was very kind and signed our cds of the musical. quite a night!
Sparky Rickmaniac
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the reviews (if any) like? Swedish newspapers being somewhat under-represented in Huddersfield newsagents :)
veryoldfan
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rissacakes]Wouldn't it be something wonderful if Benny and Bjorn teamed up with Ron and Russ for a project?[/quote]

No.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rissacakes wrote:
deadcalm wrote:

Ah, you beat me to it!

Wouldn't it be something wonderful if Benny and Bjorn teamed up with Ron and Russ for a project?

I can't imagine any reason for a collaboration...the boys from Abba(as was) certainly have their own musical direction as do Sparks....ne'er the twain shall meet...The Abba musical has been done on stage and screen.....Sparks need someone who will be faithful to their project and ideals(perhaps to have "Mai-The Psychic Girl" on the big screen alongside TSOIB as a double bill..might mean getting in an outside influence...but I somehow doubt it...the visions need to come from the soul of the originators )
PeterE
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Södra Teatern.

One of Sparks most consistant kind of work, musically they move on forward from the pro totype sort of Lil Beethoven to a very complex style, that might be influcenced by Weill,
Glass, Nyman, Händel and their own Sparks history.

Fortunately not the typical musical style with somewhat watered down easy listing crap, but typical Sparks.
(I should have known before).

In case of the drums - well they do not use (or need ) real strings or acustic guitars either, do they?)
It`s all recorded very dynamic / digital which gives it it`s own character.
sparksfanlm
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, I missed it, went to listen to it and found out my mum cancelled my internet connection, what a bi- atch, so peed off . So it was good then?
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You obviously got your connection back since then. If you still have t'internet at the weekend, it is repeated on SR P1 at 11:15pm (UK time) on 22nd/23rd August.
T.N.K.
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! The Essence of Mael enters a new realm yet again. Thrilling, moving stuff.
Small
Loreley
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the theatre, before the thing started they played instrumental versions of some of the themes from the musical.
I can hardly describe what it was like to sit there, in the amazing Södra Teatern, and hear that. It was definitely one of the most magical moments I have experienced, I am really glad I got to be there.

Listening to the album now takes me right back. Incredible.
Achoo!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Video from the premiere of The seduction Reply with quote

Here is a 15 min cliptogether from Sparks at the premiere of The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman in Södra Teatern in Stockholm. The quality is so and so, but I just wanted to share this amusing moment... Listening to public radio in a theatre;-)
http://youtu.be/C4fPABfcT8o
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Video from the premiere of The seduction Reply with quote

Achoo! wrote:
Here is a 15 min cliptogether from Sparks at the premiere of The Seduction of Ingmar Bergman in Södra Teatern in Stockholm. The quality is so and so, but I just wanted to share this amusing moment... Listening to public radio in a theatre;-)
http://youtu.be/C4fPABfcT8o

Great to hear the speech in its laudable entirety. Also great to see some of the immensely talented people who made the opera such a great sounding and unique piece of music that works well on different levels and in different languages and different media too. Thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: