SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's going to the D.C. show?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJHSolomon
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Who's going to the D.C. show? Reply with quote

So excited about Sunday's show, but concerned because ticket sales are slow, according to 9:30 Club reps. The good news is that the club posted a lengthy interview with Russell (see my previous post for a link) on its blog and also is heavily promoting the show in this week's email. Wonder if the Washington Post will have any coverage?
Virginia
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going, along with one of my kids and a friend.

Sadly, the Post doesn't have the show listed in the Going Out Guide.
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Virginia wrote:
I'm going, along with one of my kids and a friend.

Sadly, the Post doesn't have the show listed in the Going Out Guide.

I will be there!

and boston too, it turns out.

I am doing everything I can to stay away from the Atlanta show thread, or to look up any reviews. I want to be surprised by their new selections!
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: Who's going to the D.C. show? Reply with quote

MJHSolomon wrote:
So excited about Sunday's show, but concerned because ticket sales are slow, according to 9:30 Club reps. The good news is that the club posted a lengthy interview with Russell (see my previous post for a link) on its blog and also is heavily promoting the show in this week's email. Wonder if the Washington Post will have any coverage?

when I was there for (show of the year so far) marky ramone's blitzkreig, they told me tickets were slow but they had sold about 300 or so. Did they give you any kind of number?
Bryan Kelly Woodward
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there also at the 9:30 club...Leaving Saturday coming from NC, and I been staying in Manassas, VA. Hope it is going be a good turn out in DC. See Yawl Sunday.
Bryan Kelly Woodward
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea...I'm in Manassas, VA in a nice Hotel room. Not too far from Washington, DC. Can't wait to see Sparks tomorrow.
It is a dream come true.
MJHSolomon
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Washington Post's Sunday Magazine mentions the Sparks show as one of the this week's "don't miss" events! It's illustrated with the motorcycle photo from 21x21, which takes up nearly the whole page.

See y'all Sunday night! Can't believe it's really happening!
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if any of the dc people somehow see this, please get in touch at mallinmonte@yahoo.com so we can arrange to say hello - sorry this is so late!!!!
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the DC show was TREMENDOUS. I don't want to get into details on set lists, as there are so many surprises. I went without any idea of what they would play and a couple selections brought me goosebumps and a tear to my eye. More than once I said to my wife, "I never thought I'd hear them play this live."

One aside though - I was a bit disappointed in Philly when they didn't do "Good Morning" as it is on the CD and a favorite. They did it here though - so thanks, boys!

They are something else. Those who are planning to see them, you are in for a real treat. I actually found this to be a step up from the show in Philly - and that was fantastic too! I don't know what it was, but they were just so tight and passionate, and Russell sang so, so beautifully. They rocked the joint and they conquered DC. The crowd was orgiastic.

On the Boston! Ron Playing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: