SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's going to Brighton Music Hall in Boston on Oct 30?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Who's going to Brighton Music Hall in Boston on Oct 30? Reply with quote

I'm trying to find out where would be the closest spot to meet up before the gig from my cousin ....... will keep you posted Anybody who lives there have a suggestion?
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say that this show was a thrill for me for many reasons. First, I took my cousin for his first Sparks show ever, previously was not a fan and REALLY got into them that night. Second, he talked to a few people who had been fans for YEARS and this was the first time that they were seeing them live and soooooo excited that they had finally arrived in their town. Third, it was awesome to see Eric from Sweden (who I had met in Atlanta) and Virginia (who I'd met in North Carolina) once again & be able to share such a great show. And the totally awesome part was when Ron & Russell came out for their encore & Russell was wearing a red RED SOX t shirt. He then informed us that the SOX were winning the final game of the World Series (baseball for you Brits) and the place just went wild! Aside from those special events, the gig was AMAZING as I knew it would be since it was my third time!
MiniPop

By the way, we went to Bistro duMidi beforehand (next to Four Seasons Hotel - not near the venue), had drinks and some butternut squash soup at this lovely French restaurant, got ripped off by some car service that we caught a ride with to the Brighton Music Hall for $40 rather than the usual $20, but did manage to find our way back to the car park and miss all the traffic in the process. All in all a wonderful experience!
Andy Whelan
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astoundingly, seeing as we live in London, Mrs Whelan and I were at the Boston show. We had planned a family half-term trip there long before the tour was announced, and happened to be in town at the right time!

The venue was great, it reminded me a little of Bush Hall, although somewhat larger. Some proper beers in the venue too, putting most UK venues to shame. Harpoon IPA, lovely.

The show was of course fantastic! Most songs were not repeated from the previous tour, and there were some great new takes on some old favourites. For me the rendition of Academy Award Performance was worth the ticket price on its own!

And of course it was the very night the Red Sox won the World Series, with Russell keeping us up to date with the score. We were heading back into town on the Green Line and could see the Prudential Center all lit up "Go Sox", and the victory was sealed at just about the time we were passing by Fenway Park. The place was buzzing.

And I'll be seeing it all again at the Union Chapel on 2 December!
Virginia
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was awesome seeing you again, Rickey. And what a great show! I think this one was the best venue and best crowd of the four I went to. The venue was comparatively small and had windows in the front so we got to watch the soundcheck while waiting in line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: