SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reports from NYC, Boston today

View previous topic :: View next topic  
synsound
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: reports from NYC, Boston today Reply with quote

my wife was fortunate to schedule here business trip
so that she was able to visit the Sparks show in New York.

She said the show was amazing, sound improved
(more bass), mentioned a great epic version of the song Popularity and that Ron and Russell are in super form!

As she has to do some work in Boston tomorrow I suggested to visit the Boston show tonight ...
Virginia
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bass was a little intense for those of us leaning on the stage but it was otherwise awesome! Popularity has been great (but I love it anyway so I'm biased).

We're in line in Boston now (all three of us).

Your wife sure gets lucky with her business travel.
MJHSolomon
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an excellent review from the Boston Herald (SPOILER ALERT: It mentions several songs from the show):

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/guestlisted/2013/10/last_best_show_sparks_at_brighton_music_hall#comment-1927891
Dent Sinatra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJHSolomon wrote:
Here's an excellent review from the Boston Herald (SPOILER ALERT: It mentions several songs from the show):

http://bostonherald.com/entertainment/music/guestlisted/2013/10/last_best_show_sparks_at_brighton_music_hall#comment-1927891

Happy to see a review of the Brighton Music Hall show (the Globe must have been dozing that night). Despite the fact that I'm a hardcore Red Sox fan, there was no question where I wanted to be Wednesday night. What a terrific show. And like the reporter, I have happy memories of their Angst tour, catching both the Boston and Providence shows.
JoAnnC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad they came back to New York. The show was amazing. Me and my sister were right up front! Met some really great folks too! Sparks have the best fans ever!
Buckeye Randy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the reviews coming in. I'm unable to get to a show due to distance, work, life, etc.
sowhatnow
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, who else saw the show in Boston?
I was there, right up against the stage as well. I agree with you, Virginia, the bass was a bit much, especially during Carnegie Hall. But I wasn't going to move back! It was an amazing night, definitely the highlight of 2013 for me. The best show I've ever experienced, actually. As it was my first Sparks show, I am determined to go to more in the future. Does anyone out there have photos from this show? I would have taken a photo or two for myself, but I didn't want to stop dancing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: