SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your favourite Sparks period?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your favourite Sparks period?
Girl From Germany days
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
Amateur Hour years
38%
 38%  [ 20 ]
The Number One Song in Heaven time
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
I Predict era
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
When Do I Get To Sing My Way period
21%
 21%  [ 11 ]
The Angels time
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 52

P. Elsen
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

though I started with the Amateur Period,

I prefer Sparks todayl 21st century period, there are better than ever. And I do not so the formal radio format pop songs any more (listen more to Laurie Anderson, Michael Nyman, Philipp Glass ...and the last 3 Sparks albums)
Deano
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the next period.Sparks now are as vibrant as ever.ECOTD live in concert was proof.I will probably get into trouble for this next bit but so what-I was a bit gutted when they played This Town at Shepherd's Bush.I so wanted the last song to Be Suburban Homeboy.This Town made Sparks in England i know,but these last 3 albums are what make Sparks great.They are still running the 100 metres in under 10 seconds...
Re-Sparked
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've already expressed my opinion on that in the encore thread, so you may know I disagree. I love 'Surburban Homeboy' but don't think it really had the power to finish such a spectacular undertaking as the 21x21 event. 'This Town' is & always has been a real Barnstormer & those introductory keyboard notes have been such a familiar sound in this country for so many years that they're ingrained into most people (Well, most people of a certain age), even if they're not Sparks fans. The song deserved to be the final bow for the shows. And you have to count all of them as Shepherds bush wasn't a self-contained show (though all of them could be treated as such), but the final part of a marathon event.
I'm not saying 'Surburban' would have finshed the shows with a whimper, but 'This Town' really finished them with a BANG.
Anyway, your opinion is as valid as anybodys so I doubt anyone will castigate you for it & some will no doubt agree with you.
Physicality
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Suburban Homeboy is the best closing Sparks song. It's got a great bouncy and vibrant feel to it, and it always gets the crowd dancing and clapping and all that. I'd much prefer it to This Town.
Aled
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best Sparks period is now in my opinion, the last 3 albums are their best. Also I discovered Sparks during this period, so I suppose I can relate to that more.
Re-Sparked
Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Physicality wrote:
I think Suburban Homeboy is the best closing Sparks song. It's got a great bouncy and vibrant feel to it, and it always gets the crowd dancing and clapping and all that. I'd much prefer it to This Town.

Well! I was at ECOTD/21 & the 'Lil B' premiere. Both times the crowd clapped, bounced & vibrated ALL the way through 'This Town'. Those opening notes always get a rush from the audience & it's also got the 'Grandad rights' as they say, of being the song that broke Sparks in the U.K, which was the first place they ever 'broke'. So my opinion is fixed though it's all only personal opinion & I was there when 'This Town' first hit us, so I'm obviously biased.
As we all are when it come's to our favourite songs.
sowhatnow
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have liked to see them in their really early days, when Russell was swinging around a sledgehammer on stage and arrived on stage in a papier-mache boat, and showered the audience with confetti. That just sounds like the ultimate concert experience, to me. So sad no footage was made of those early shows, but they were virtually unknowns then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: