SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kimono/Propaganda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony March
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:17 pm    Post subject: Kimono/Propaganda Reply with quote

How about playing these 2 in their entirety to celebrate their 40th anniversaries.
Get the band back together and rock again
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see it....it would be a leap backwards in a year where we have been promised something new along with the filming of TSOIB. 21x21 showed the albums can be revisited though.
aussie
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Kimono/Propaganda Reply with quote

Tony March wrote:
How about playing these 2 in their entirety to celebrate their 40th anniversaries.
Get the band back together and rock again

I agree with you tony, I would love to see sparks rock again
I don't think it's a step in the wrong direction, to me it was when sparks where at there best
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I could see that happening is if they did it like the shows at The Forum in 2009, where they did one night of ECOTD followed by KMH and another night of ECOTD followed by N1IH. So they could premiere the new album in the first half, followed by KMH or Propaganda in the second half.
Stephen
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should release them on CD with all the demo's recorded around that period.I believe there are quite a few.
Titles like I'm About To Burst, When I Take The Field Friday and She's getting Funnier.
Aled
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sjadey wrote:
The only way I could see that happening is if they did it like the shows at The Forum in 2009, where they did one night of ECOTD followed by KMH and another night of ECOTD followed by N1IH. So they could premiere the new album in the first half, followed by KMH or Propaganda in the second half.

This x1000.
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Sparks in the form of how they do it nowadays (incl. Two Hands One Mouth) and I'm curious about what's coming in the future incl. how the filmproject will be and when..and the new record (and also the music with Franz Ferdinand that can result in an album as far as I understand it),but I
would ALSO like to see and hear Sparks Live as a rock band again and on dvd,that would be great I think. (that was a LONG sentence..)

It would also be nice with more rockoriented Sparks studio album(s) again but don't stop doing music and projects sounding and looking like it has sounded and looked in the recent years aswell.

Sometime(s) a more rock oriented album and sometime(s) more like it has been in the recent years.
Conn
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to see something to celebrate 40 years of Kimono/Propaganda, as well as 20 years since GS&SV, but I wouldn't count on it. I was expecting something to celebrate 10 years of Lil B in 2012 (although to be fair a lot of songs off it made into both the THOM and Revenge Tours.) Maybe they'll finally release the film of those shows in 2009 since they played Kimono? I know it's a look to the past but with Lil B and HYL getting DVDs it seems a shame the 3rd album in the trilogy didn't.However with something new said to be down the line I would image R and R's focus will be on that and the Bergman film; which I'm sure will be great!
Raoul
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Sparks just celebrated their existance with a four cd box??Music For Amnasiacs........
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raoul wrote:
I thought Sparks just celebrated their existance with a four cd box??Music For Amnasiacs........
yes but due to our amnesia we forgot..
Pim Derks
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still go to see them if they did 2 hours of Old MacDonald Had A Farm, but I just hope that it will rock. The stuff in the last couple of years was awesome - but it would be nice to see a bit of a return to the 'heavier' tracks from the last couple of albums like Dick Around and Lighten Up Morrissey. But I'm sure they'll surprise us :D
Deano
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They,ve done those 2 albums in their entirety not too long ago.I reckon that old juice guzzling Super Snipe car on Propaganda would brake down on the motorway and leave them stranded on the hard shoulder.Plugs and points were always less reliable than electronic ignition.Better waiting for new stuff that they have hinted at and they will probably travel in more reliable transport to gigs.2014 and beyond please.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: