SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why do you like sparks??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

why do you like sparks?
the music
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
the lyrics
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
both of them
88%
 88%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 44

SOLDAT
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited after 10 years.
Carl_van_breukelen
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMHO this poll should be in the "Sparks Polls" section
Buckeye Randy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when people mix up their salad fork and dinner fork.
DJ LX
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love both aspects of the band. But I voted music simply because, if the music isn't happening it doesn't matter how great the lyrics are. In other words, the music is essential, the lyrics are the icing on the cake.
veryoldfan
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone for lyrics because to be honest I find some of their stuff (thinking particularly about the 80's here) to be musically quite pedestrian. Some of it is brilliant, no question, but some of it not so much. What I really love about Sparks, about from Russell's unique and amazing voice (which isn't an option on the poll) is the wry humour, wit and intelligence in the lyrics. When this is combined with great music then Sparks are unsurpassable but what really sets them apart from other bands, some of whom I would even go so far as to say are musically superior (ducking and running now!) is Ron's writing, both in terms of what he writes about and how he writes it.
Sparksienne
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:36 pm    Post subject: Why do I like the Sparks Reply with quote

I liked them since my early teens, when I watched Russel on the TV, his female voice and his extremely good-looking face really fascinated me. I must admit that I found the Ron's character in his big brother's role with a Hitler-like moustache very surprising but it was rather for me a way to ridiculize this cruel dictator....So I liked this humour, even if I was just a schoolgirl. This song "this town ain't big enough for the both of us" has been like an earworm for me for years. But I was not a regular fan, I heard their other songs with a lot of pleasure now and then, specially their hits on the French medias and was pleased to hear them and hear that they were still creative and that they not only lived on their old successes. However I have really found out them again more deeply since the very beginning of this pandemic. Their music has really helped to put up with the numerous quarantine and covid test I had to cope with, since I live both in France and in Germany and partially study in Poland. I realized that I knew much more their songs than I had known and I found out that they are not men of musical talent but that they are also very nice and charming people, with a huge sense of humour. I was surprised at hearing Russel speak so good French. I also made my husband like their music and their way of acting on the stage.... Gosh they are such beautiful artists that it is impossible not to like them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: