SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bucket list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mael22
Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: bucket list Reply with quote

whats youre bucket list heres mine lp's 1968 demo 1974 relativity best of island label 45's picture covers 1974 this town greece & new walony south africa tos 991 isand label 1974 amateur hour yogslavia and greece island label 1975 looks looks looks japan ilr 10868 /portugal and yogoslavia island label non picture cover 1976 confusion/i bought the mississippi river france 6837862 island label and 1982 eaten by the monster of love/mickey mouse u.s. atlantic label 4065 c.d. single's 1986 music that you can dance to u.s. razor maid label 1989 just got back from heaven u.s. fine art rhino r2 70413 national crime awarness week germany zyx music label zyx69238 if you have any and want to part with them p.m. me and i will pay handsomly to complete my collection of the greatest band in the land p.s. help me i have ocd and missing spaces in my collection are effecting my personality thanks jim
Gandhi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I think I maybe can help you to shorten your list:
1974 relativity; It┤s a hoax, the album only exist inn one mans fantasy.
1974 this town greece; same goes for this one.
new walony; hoax
1974 amateur hour yogslavia and greece island label; hoax
looks; portugal and yogoslavia; hoax
Sorry to reveal this but its better to focus on real objects :)
mael22
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: bucket list Reply with quote

this would be great for my ocd if this was true only leaving me with looks looks looks japan would give me all picture covers just picked up eaten by the monster of love bw mickey mouse and national crime awarness german cd can anybody else verify this being a hoax
Auke Lenstra
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I can asure you that what Gandhi says is true. So your left with a very short bucket list.
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gandhi wrote:
Hey, I think I maybe can help you to shorten your list:
1974 relativity; It┤s a hoax, the album only exist inn one mans fantasy.

Well I think it's NOT a hoax..read here.

http://graphikdesigns.free.fr/sparks-mael-relativity.html
Gandhi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will challenge you to track down this topic further, the author of http://graphikdesigns.free.fr have later admitted
that this is a hoax and that he is the source off it all.
It┤s embaressing for WORD MAGAZINE that they use non-verified sources.
I know that theres a mp3 album out for Relativity, but anyone can collect those songs and add albumGraphics to it.
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gandhi wrote:
I will challenge you to track down this topic further, the author of http://graphikdesigns.free.fr have later admitted
that this is a hoax and that he is the source off it all.
It┤s embaressing for WORD MAGAZINE that they use non-verified sources.
I know that theres a mp3 album out for Relativity, but anyone can collect those songs and add albumGraphics to it.

OK! You might be correct.I don't know.
I have also read that it was atleast thought of being a hoax and then after that that it wasn't a hoax.
I guess Ron and Russell would know..
leslie hanagan
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What really gives it away is the listing of the song 'Cigarettes And Politics' on the back cover. Once thought to be a 'Kimono' era outtake it's actually 'Gimme Cigarette' by The Cigarettes a punk outfit from L.A.

Reissued on S-S Records SS021 in 2006.
"Long rumored to be a Sparks side project, Cigarettes were not Sparks but an obscure Los Angeles art punk band featuring Pipe, Lonny Carlysle, Marc Question, and Bat Lucky. Behind those nom de musique were one John Clancy, keeper of the Cigarettes flame, and Philo Cramer, who left the band to join something called Fear. For years, Sparks fans thought the Cigarettes were their art/glam heroes but they were wrong. Not wrong to think so, as if you imagined what Sparks would sound like if they had gone punk, this might be it."
Carl_van_breukelen
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Relativity" is a hoax, definitely - even considering the fact that I have it on CD.. - was just an "Sparks collectors" insiders-joke - the CD is empty, it contains only the sleeve.

Pretty funny anyhow
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I consider myself beaten :-) I did though really think first it was real then a hoax and then that it really was real bur now again and probably finally I understand it must be a hoax.

I can also see the funny about it..It's not the same as really making a nonlegit album and trying to sell it as a legit one...because this "Relativity" doesn't exist anyway..so noone makes a profit by selling a false item..so then I can see the funny side of it.
Gandhi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but then again; collect the song on a playlist and you will find that it would be a great album
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gandhi wrote:
but then again; collect the song on a playlist and you will find that it would be a great album

I agree.

I use to sometimes in my head fantasies about Sparks collections..for ex. a collection that shows Sparks different styles through the years..a collection that is a fair description of their music throughout the years.

It's a fun to do IMO..
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..and it gets to be rather many songs..it's hard to have just a few songs that would describe Sparks different styles through all the years.

OK now there is the New Music For Amnesiacs box set..

I haven't finally decide if I shall buy it or not..Rather expensive and I already have almost all the songs there.

It would be nice if there will be an official collection of only "rare" Sparkssongs on cd(s) for ex.with "Islington N1" and "She's Beautiful So What" among other Sparkstracks.
miss sparks
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leslie hanagan wrote:
What really gives it away is the listing of the song 'Cigarettes And Politics' on the back cover. Once thought to be a 'Kimono' era outtake it's actually 'Gimme Cigarette' by The Cigarettes a punk outfit from L.A.

I recently bought a cassette live tape from eBay, Sparks at London Astoria 6th December 1997 contains 20 songs. Plus a extra song called Cigarettes & politics (early demo-unreleased) After reading the above comments that it's not Sparks. I will remove the song from the tape.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: