SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hippopotamus tour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
freeke
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from...Helsinki. Excellent. One hour, pretty much Glasgow setlist. I was right in front of the stage. Russell spoke a few words in Finnish "for those of you who don't understand English " ☺ Ron's birthday didn't go unnoticed, even though he didn't get "Outer Spaced " as I had hoped.
Nice to see lots of young people there. The very moment I exited the concert tent, it started raining. Heavily. People started running. We're talking mass stampede under a waterfall. Took me quite a while to find the way out of Helsinki as the sight was so poor. Oh well, it was my 6th Sparks gig and possibly the best so far. 5/5 .
freeke
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read on the Flow website that the huge "Sparks tent" was closed after their performance and needed repair. All performances on outdoor stages were cancelled due to the weather. Whew, that was close. 😥
PeterE
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your review ...

Looking forward to see Bratislava gig ...(plus Luxembourg and Brussels)

guess R & R will relax in one of the small baltic countries
until Sept 4th
PeterE
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from rosvot.fi

As the store was approaching, the Red tent was hot and humid. Come think of it, that was the right atmosphere for Sparks. The bandís 14-song set was heavy on the most recent material, including four songs from their upcoming new album Hippopotamus, their first in eight years. Contrary to many legacy act, the newer songs were among the highlights of the show. Songs like the the opener What the Hell Is It This Time? and Missionary Position were fun and a good example of the Mael Brothers witty art-pop. The show ended with a couple of glam rock classics (This Town Ainít Big For Both of Us and Amateur Hour) off their most popular album, Kimono My House. Visually, there was something terribly comforting in Sparks blue stripped sweaters. Plus, Ron Maelís trademark tap dance, on the day of his 72nd birthday, was a stroke of pure genius.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: