SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vintage TV (Freeview 82) this Sunday 20th Aug !!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kermit!
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Vintage TV (Freeview 82) this Sunday 20th Aug !!! Reply with quote

On the UK music channel Vintage TV (Freeview 82) this Sunday at 5pm the BBC6 DJ Steve Lamacq will be playing his favourite hit list from years gone by. The trailer starts off with "This town" and him saying when he was a 9yr old the only 2 scary things on the telly were the Daleks from Dr Who and the first time he saw Sparks on Top of the pops. He says he'd never heard anything like it before but was hooked straight away! (just like the most of us). I don't know how much he will actually be talking about Sparks but as it's the lead song on the trailer at least the video will be getting an airing. The viewing figures for Vintage are apparently going through the roof and is the most watched UK music channel these days. They've been advertising the show every hour for the last week so it might be worth tuning in!!!
And wright in for requests for more Sparks videos everyone. I have and they do seem to be listening.

The Future! The Future!
Kermit!
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what went wrong but as much as Steve was raving about 'This Town' in the hourly advert for the show, when the full hour long show was aired 'This Town' didn't even get a mention. Naturally this little Sparks fan was not a very happy one so I sent this email to Vintage TV....

Hi there,
I was really looking forward to watching the Steve Lamacq 'my vintage' show yesterday. After seeing the trailer being shown hourly for a week with the head song by Sparks 'This town ain't big enough for the both of us' I was even more excited. Sparks being my favourite group ever this was going to be a real treat. I'd even informed the Sparks fan forum of the upcoming show so more people were going to tune in.
At the end of the show there had been no sign of the Sparks track even being mentioned. What was that all about? Made me look a bit daft for recommending it to others as well. You don't get a clip for a tv program shown for a week for it not to be included in the final take.
I really enjoy Vintage so this was a real let down.

They replied.....

Thank you for your email. We always appreciate any comments from our viewers.
We are very sorry to hear that you feel let down by the channel. I have forwarded your email to the Production and Programming Teams for their consideration and I'm sure that they will look into the errors that you noted.
Please stay with us and keep in touch.

I replied.....

Can i get a feedback from the production team please as to why this didn't happen?

They replied...

I have yet to hear back from the Production and Programming teams regarding your query, as soon as I receive any feedback I will be in touch. Kindest Regards,

I haven't had any reply back from the production team as yet but when I do I'll post it soon as. I think Vintage TV is a really great music channel but it would be better if they played more Sparks. They do listen so please everyone, send them e-mails for what you want to see cos the more they hear from listeners the more likely is they will listen.
With Hurricane Irma hitting the coasts of Florida last week I saw they were playing Beach Boys 'Good Vibrations'. On Gold radio I heard both 'Good Vibrations' & 'In the year 2525', both totally perfect for a hurricane. I think Sparks 'Mother Earth' would be so apt as well at a time like that so I sent them this email....

Hi there!!
I've been watching Vintage today and I caught you playing Beach Boys ' Good Vibrations'. Obviously putting a note out to the beaches of Florida which is great. Subliminal boosts sometimes to people to get in touch with family or friends and see how they are doing is always good.
But why haven't you dug out 'Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth' by Sparks? A no 13 hit in 1975. It's totally perfect, the lyrics are so apt for what's going on in the world at the moment.and they are just about to start the UK part of their World tour promoting the new album 'Hippopotamus' just released on Friday. It's getting phenomenal reviews so a quick remember to listeners for Sparks would be quite timely too.
Hope you get this before the next hurricane hits in!

They replied.....

Thank you for your email. I have forwarded your request for 'Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth' by Sparks to our Programming and Production Teams for their consideration.
As I'm sure you understand, all music videos that we play have to be licensable, this usually means any popular songs that are not currently on our database are unfortunately not obtainable at present. Our library of videos is huge and growing by the day - we do often find that a video not previously available does indeed become available, in which case we make every effort to acquire these.
We thank you for your patience. Please stay with us and keep in touch.

So they are listening but I think it would really help if more members of the Sparks army out there got sending in their requests as well then we might get some results. It only takes five minutes so get your fingery pen things out people and send in them emails!!! LOL!!

The Future! The Future!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Music Only All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: