SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pineapple

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Pineapple Reply with quote

Never attended one of the "Indiscreet" gigs way back..
Did anyone throw "Pineapples" on to the stage...
"Glass Animals" have generated a bit of publicity lately with the Tasty Fruit being banned from gigs...
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-40923473

I linked a cheeky version of the Russell penned song on the "GA" facebook page
Turtle152
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the mid-60s, George Harrison made the mistake of mentioning in an interview that he liked jelly babies, and afterward found himself pelted with them during concerts.
allydodd
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a hazy recollection of reading an account by a fan involving pineapples about then, which is plaguing me. She had been attending gigs first in the UK then the States in the mid 70s. Unfortunately, my efforts to find it amongst books, clipping etc have been unsuccessful. Apparently, some fans placed pineapples gently onto the stage in the UK. Her next attendance at a Sparks a year later in the States during the Big Beat tour. There, the gesture was replicated (and with some US fans doing likewise). However, the new wave set had left Indiscreet behind.

During 21x21, the closure of the successful exhibition on Sparks in the Bodhi Gallery was marked by a ceremonial cutting of the Indiscreet display's pineapple.

Its a great song. Its always struck me how the sweet, quirky, lighthearted jazzy pop is exactly how a pineapple would sound if illustrated in music. Its as if the leaping and falling notes of the appreciative music follow an artist's brush sketching the fruit. The wholesome and youthful vocals deliver lyrics with an 20s innocently aspirational charm.

TREAT PINEAPPLES WITH RESPECT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Stuff and Nonsense All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: