SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Birmingham Sun 24th

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:15 am    Post subject: Birmingham Sun 24th Reply with quote

What a great night.... Watching "You Tube" of previous concerts does not prepare yourself for the real deal live. So hard to compare and contrast what has happened at the earlier Hippo gigs... A fairly long queue outside indicated a "Sell Out"... The Support act was a bit bland to be honest,probably for a reason !
So Sparks walk on 20 minutes later to big applause.. "What the Hell is it this time" Visually looked good straight away.And sounded great.. Russell says hello and gives Muff Winwood a mention.... they do Propaganda & Probably Nothing with the follow up songs which is another good compare and contrast moment... Scandanavian Design impressed me. It sounded enhanced and quite detailed.. Was the old classics that kicked things off as always. NTYBOME, then a quite heavy version of Number 1 with the Ron dance whipped things up.. Also pleased Babys taking me home has been brought back to its full glory.. "I wish you were fun" seemed to go down well .. Dick Around the list goes on. Amazing stuff.. Deff a fans concert quite full on... Loved it...
Spyke
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night was another amazing gig, with the band even tighter and more energetic than in Nottingham, I thought. The set list played to their strengths with plenty of guitar-heavy songs. It's hard to pick favourites, but WTHIITT, MBTMH, AHAWAP and HOP stood out, along with NOIH and DA of course. I went with a couple of pals who hadn't seen the band live before, and they were suitably impressed!
herecomesbob4
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very much agree. I was lucky enough to see them on the Saturday and Sunday (Nottingham and Birmingham) and they were on top form both nights.
My last Sparks gig was back in 2008 at the 21 night spectacular and nine years later they're still one of the most incredible live bands going (hope I'm as active as Russell when I'm his age).
The new songs continue to sound better every time I hear them. I did my best to not watch any videos on Youtube so it wouldn't spoil it for me and so was very surprised when they kicked into 'Sherlock Holmes'. Was not expecting that!!
The only song that didn't do it for me was 'Dick Around' as it's pretty tough to match the complexity of the studio version but a nice rendition nonetheless. Other than that I couldn't fault them in any way and its been one of the best weekends of my life.
Hope to see them again soon!!!
Eric Murray
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe just me
I thought the sound quality at Birmingham was not as good as Edinburgh or Manchester ?
dinky
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loads more idiots (could use a stronger word but will be temperate0 holding up phones and cameras of various sizes for long periods and blocking the view of people behind

Nearly caused a fight next to me.
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting to hear this guys take on the evening in Birmingham.. As a first timer to a live show....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbQLq1rWqfU
dinky
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 1 minute into that. Couldn't take any more !
Sparky Rickmaniac
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with You, Dinky. Was like watching paint dry.
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deadcalm wrote:
Interesting to hear this guys take on the evening in Birmingham.. As a first timer to a live show....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbQLq1rWqfU

I enjoyed hearing his take. Sparks clearly inspired him. No-one could get me to shut up after seeing Sparks for the first time. I wish more people would take the time to merrily broadcast their impressions on youtube, in an open and lighthearted way, as if it were a bit like fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: