SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sparks Live DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miss sparks
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Sparks Live DVD Reply with quote

I only seen Sparks live in concert once. And would like to buy a live DVD. Anyone recommend a good quality DVD.
Auke Lenstra
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deze Vee Dee from 2007 is the best official Release in my opinion.
miss sparks
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for recommending Dee Vee Dee enjoyed watching the DVD. I also bought Live in London DVD shepherd Bush Empire 2000 Balls tour. Another good DVD to view.
Simon Majury
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might as well treat yourself to all 3 Sparks DVD's because LIL' BEETHOVEN - LIVE IN STOCKHOLM is great as well. Same production company as on the DEE VEE DEE. Excellent concert & quality plus Easter eggs.
miss sparks
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i did decide to treat myself to the Lil Beethoven DVD, another good DVD to watch. There only seems to be 3 DVD's available. A DVD of all their video singles collection would be good to buy, i see other bands do this and it's very popular with the fans.
Simon Majury
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please to hear you decided to purchase all 3 Sparks live in concert DVD's. Well, in the 90's Sparks producer Mack (Whomp That Sucker and Angst In My Pants) was going to compile a Sparks promo video compilation with bonus unseen footage as well but sadly this compilation never seen the light of day. :-( I guess with Sparks having their own Youtube channel now a promo video DVD has become even less unlikely. I think such a DVD would be on every Sparks fans shopping list that's for sure...
Raoul
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Majury wrote:
Please to hear you decided to purchase all 3 Sparks live in concert DVD's. Well, in the 90's Sparks producer Mack (Whomp That Sucker and Angst In My Pants) was going to compile a Sparks promo video compilation with bonus unseen footage as well but sadly this compilation never seen the light of day. :-( I guess with Sparks having their own Youtube channel now a promo video DVD has become even less unlikely. I think such a DVD would be on every Sparks fans shopping list that's for sure...

Yes!
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Majury wrote:
When this idea was first suggested I was haunting record shops and video stores in case I missed it......It is still on every Sparks' fan's wish list though....even if they don't include my suggestion of, ALL Ron's vignettes from shows long gone....I'm sure there is an archive of those too.
miss sparks
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a Hippopotamus DVD of the tour?
mael22
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 12:47 pm    Post subject: Sparks Live DVD Reply with quote

lets hope miss sparks,but it will probably be released after 21x 21 box set,the seduction of ingmar bergman live at the la film fest, 2 hands 1 mouth tour, revenge of 2 hands 1 mouth tour,ffs live, halfnelson demos original rectanqular box,with 100,000 dollar check and photos and bios, a collection of the 4 urban renewal singles, each on seperate picture disc with original label from 6315 yucca (at vine) oh i forgot to mention ,it will also have to be released after the 40th, kimono my house anniversary concert with full orchastra live in london ,buy the deluxe dvd on that it comes with full show also at the ace in la.but i do know where to get a great kimono my house button with a suburban homeboy bumper sticker!
miss sparks
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will there be a Hippopotamas Tour DVD in 2018?
freeke
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss sparks wrote:
Will there be a Hippopotamas Tour DVD in 2018?

In reality, I think the professionally shot gigs from Glasgow and Berlin currently on Youtube are enough to satisfy most people's needs. I'd love to be proven wrong, though. 🙂
miss sparks
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing camera's at the Kentish town gig, hoping for a DVD
admiralhalfnelson
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss sparks wrote:
After seeing camera's at the Kentish town gig, hoping for a DVD

Edgar Wright's filming it for an upcoming documentary. Even if it doesn't include the full gig, it should be awesome!

~23/5/18~

https://discord.gg/Hruaj6D ~ Sparks Discord
flimbar
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admiralhalfnelson wrote:

Edgar Wright's filming it for an upcoming documentary. Even if it doesn't include the full gig, it should be awesome!

Aw, sorry to hear that, I was hoping it was going to be another full concert DVD release. If it's part of a documentary I guess we'll only get the odd 20 second clip or two.
Brightonian
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flimbar wrote:
admiralhalfnelson wrote:

Aw, sorry to hear that, I was hoping it was going to be another full concert DVD release. If it's part of a documentary I guess we'll only get the odd 20 second clip or two.

I think it'll be a bit more than that ... but it would be great if the full concert was included as back-up!
MaelGirl
Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miss sparks wrote:
Thanks for recommending Dee Vee Dee enjoyed watching the DVD. I also bought Live in London DVD shepherd Bush Empire 2000 Balls tour. Another good DVD to view.

Just watched the 'Live in London' last night! So beyond good. One of my favorites was hearing/seeing "Girl From Germany", quite adorable!!
Simon Majury
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaelGirl - Yes, Live In London was a great concert during the Balls period. I was fortunate to attend both Shepherds Bush Empire shows. Ok, the quality and the editing on the DVD isn’t the best but it does capture the atmosphere of those gigs very well. Girl From Germany was one of the highlights I quite agree..
Riarda

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auke Lenstra wrote:
Deze Vee Dee from 2007 is the best official Release in my opinion.

I have this release....it's realy great.

visit this site

Last edited by Riarda on Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
MaelGirl
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon Majury wrote:
MaelGirl - Yes, Live In London was a great concert during the Balls period. I was fortunate to attend both Shepherds Bush Empire shows. Ok, the quality and the editing on the DVD isn’t the best but it does capture the atmosphere of those gigs very well. Girl From Germany was one of the highlights I quite agree..

Yeah, the quality was a bit bad I agree! But the perfection of Sparks absolutely made up for it! I also really liked the slightly more dance-y "Amateur Hour", was half-expecting Erasure to come out!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwN9LMqARpo So fun.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: