SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2018 30th Anniversary Single So Important

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miss sparks
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: 2018 30th Anniversary Single So Important Reply with quote

Doesn't seem possible 30 years has gone by since this song was recorded. One of my favourite Sparks songs from the 80s.
Love the oriental sounding keyboards and guitar solo. I was playing this song today and i play it very loud in my car too.
PeterE
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the point they released the Album Interior Design I was about to give up all my hope concerning Sparks. I guess I was not the only one here disgusted By this album ... pure crap!

fortunately they did Singing In The Shower in 88 ...
with Les Rita...
Lucky Me
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking as someone who's had a lot of catching up to do, I must admit "Interior Design" doesn't come across as one of Sparks' best albums - but I do like "So Important" (agree with you Miss Sparks about the oriental sounding keyboards!) Also I like Lots of Reasons and A Walk Down Memory Lane.

But as for Singing in the Shower - my introduction to this one is the version on "Two Hands, One Mouth" and what a FANTASTIC song - must try to get hold of the original!
lemonjellydude
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whilst I don't necessarily think the whole album is that great, I think so important is a great catchy single. Also Madonna is a real highlight such witty cheeky lyrics!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Music Only All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: