SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sparks in Japan: Last night in Tokyo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KaelMael
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:22 am    Post subject: Sparks in Japan: Last night in Tokyo Reply with quote

After four years, Sparks finally came back to Japan and with an amazing show in Tokyo last night they finished Japan tour.
To be honest, I was slightly disappointed by the venue. It was definitely not big enough for both of them. It is even smaller than the place they played in 2018. Ron actually tripped when he stepped backwards while performing The Shopping Mall Of Love before he joked about it by changing 'yeah' to 'small stages'.
Despite that, Russell was prancing around the stage and Ron did his signature dance as usual.
The set list was almost the same as European tour but a little bit shorter because Get in the Swing and Edith Piaf were omitted. Therefore, no song from Hippopotamus.
I am not an expert when it comes to sound quality, but I think it was great. Small stage has its advantage anyway.
Russell's voice was superb even after the hectic schedule which can easily exhaust younger artists.
Yes. They were extremely busy during this tour. Started with Sonicmania, an all-nighter music festival in Makuhari (19th Aug), followed by three talk events in Tokyo (20th), another music festival Summer Sonic in Osaka (21th) and the headline show in Shibuya (22th). I am really grateful for the brothers' passion and determination to make it all happen.
Since I am not on any social media, let me post a message here to say a big THANK YOU to Ron, Russell, band members and everyone who involved in this tour.
Please rest well and good luck for the next show!
Brightonian
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Sparks in Japan: Last night in Tokyo Reply with quote

KaelMael wrote:
After four years, Sparks finally came back to Japan and with an amazing show in Tokyo last night they finished Japan tour.
To be honest, I was slightly disappointed by the venue. It was definitely not big enough for both of them. It is even smaller than the place they played in 2018. Ron actually tripped when he stepped backwards while performing The Shopping Mall Of Love before he joked about it by changing 'yeah' to 'small stages'.
Despite that, Russell was prancing around the stage and Ron did his signature dance as usual.
The set list was almost the same as European tour but a little bit shorter because Get in the Swing and Edith Piaf were omitted. Therefore, no song from Hippopotamus.
I am not an expert when it comes to sound quality, but I think it was great. Small stage has its advantage anyway.
Russell's voice was superb even after the hectic schedule which can easily exhaust younger artists.
Yes. They were extremely busy during this tour. Started with Sonicmania, an all-nighter music festival in Makuhari (19th Aug), followed by three talk events in Tokyo (20th), another music festival Summer Sonic in Osaka (21th) and the headline show in Shibuya (22th). I am really grateful for the brothers' passion and determination to make it all happen.
Since I am not on any social media, let me post a message here to say a big THANK YOU to Ron, Russell, band members and everyone who involved in this tour.
Please rest well and good luck for the next show!

A lovely, thoughtful review!
Toughest Girl In Town
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Sparks in Japan: Last night in Tokyo Reply with quote

KaelMael wrote:
Ron actually tripped when he stepped backwards while performing The Shopping Mall Of Love before he joked about it by changing 'yeah' to 'small stages'.

His sense of humour is still the best. (Glad he's ok though!!)
waterloosunset
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review - it explained a lot about Ron's "small stages" lyrics to SMoL, and Russell's grinning at the end of the song.

And good for you for not being on any social media!!!
Buckeye Randy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and I thought going to Detroit was a long road trip...
KaelMael
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Check out the photos from Sonicmania (19th Aug):
https://www.summersonic.com/2022live/detail/sparks/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: