SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Equator Day

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject: Equator Day Reply with quote

Happy Equator Day...
...possibly a lot of fans will be busy doing Mother's Day things at 3pm...so just play the track when you can 😄
I cheated, I blared it at 10 this morning coming back from the gym
Crabby
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equator is my favourite song from KMH and just a magnificent beast in its own right. I bought the Kimono CD recently just incase my vinyl record ever wore out and l was a bit surprised at the addition of 2 extra songs after Equator (Barbecutie and Lost and Found).
Nothing wrong with that but it totally throws me as Equator is the final song and so it should be! So now when l play the CD l stop it before the extra songs appear.... 😂
The first time l ever heard it from that louche opening sax to poor old Russell's demise at the end, l was totally hooked... It's funny, it's sad, it's weird, it's dark, it's intelligent and emotional..... Well, it's a Sparks song after all, but WHAT a Sparks song......

Oh, l might have to go and listen to it now.....
Buckeye Randy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crabby wrote:
I bought the Kimono CD recently just incase my vinyl record ever wore out and l was a bit surprised at the addition of 2 extra songs after Equator (Barbecutie and Lost and Found).
Nothing wrong with that but it totally throws me as Equator is the final song and so it should be! So now when l play the CD l stop it before the extra songs appear....

Yeah, there are a ton of archive CD releases that add bonus tracks. I've even bought things because I couldn't live without previously unreleased rarities, outtakes, b-sides, remixes, remasters and demos. It turns out my life remained unchanged by these purchases.

What I really don't like are when live albums get re-released with more songs and a different running order. 'David Bowie - Stage' and 'Mott The Hoople - Live' come to mind. I'm sure somebody thought they were making it better with all the extra songs but I disagree. If I like it without pickles, don't give me pickles because you think it's better for me.
Toughest Girl In Town
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alex for reminding us, I confess I completely forgot.
I did play a nice live version found on Youtube to celebrate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gXVy89pDbM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Stuff and Nonsense All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: