SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Losing posts anyone???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Losing posts anyone??? Reply with quote

I AM GETTING VERY UPSET!!!! Ever since last weekend when the website was being serviced for regular maintanence or whatever, my posts are getting lost and it's very irritating. Is there now a time limit to finish what you are writing? If I have a long message, it allows me to complete writing it, but when I press submit, it reverts back to the Log In page. This is so exasperating, I cannot tell you how I feel, but I think Alex may have mentioned that he is going through the same thing. Will someone PLEASE FIX IT PRONTO! Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem here RWolf, but that sounds a bit odd.....

have you tried the obvious...cookies etc ?
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotta find someone to walk me through something like that - I suck at that kind of stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you haven`t knowingly changed any settings or installed any security/cleaning software recently...or even updated anything ?

It just sounded a bit odd, as when you said that you get taken back to the login page...it`s as though it wants you to log in again...

my initial thought was that your "allsparks.com" cookie(s) were getting trashed.....usually best to rule out the obvious first ;-)

The times I`ve tried to fix something that I thought was going to be a complex operation turned out to be staring me right in the face.

What browser is it ?
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what happened was that I was notified I had a PM through my Yahoo email and pressed the link that got me to allsparks and logged on to read & respond. The foul up must be there, but I'll try again directly from here to see if it takes care of the problem. Thanks, Efad for your input.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a cookie problem a while ago and it nearly drove me to pc torture.
I kept getting logged out of everywhere (in FireFox)....
could I find the problem ? NO !

Turns out, I had updated CrapCleaner and it was automatically cleaning FFox cookies out....took me about 4 days to figure that one out :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Open Tech Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: