SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed with Photo Gallery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Help needed with Photo Gallery Reply with quote

Howzit? I can't seem to get the photo gallery to work properly. There's no bar on the right to scroll down and also I can't maximize it in the upper right hand corner either. Waaaaaasup? Would U B able to assist me?
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use your PC's "history" icon...and reselect the gallery from there...you will find that you have all the appropriate tools for scrolling etc....Its a tried and tested method for a few of us UK viewers.
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Alex. I appreciate your help!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bad site design = Flash/Shockwave (insert flavour of the month gfx toy here) intro only.

good site design = cater for the lowest common denominator and optionally provide rich media content.
loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on EF... Nothing more annoying than waiting for the "Skip Intro"
Remember the old Sparks site?? Balls floating around... hours before you could reach the "content"..
Macromedia should be forbidden! All sites should be hand written in raw html code. Then we'd all be on an even playing field.
The web is about information, and when we want it. We don't want cosmetics before we access it. Check this one out for a turn off! It's like playing a Point & click game before you get anywhere...

http://www.superfurry.com/

Sorry, Super Furry Animals fans... it's just an example of bad, but flashy web design. Navigate that, and find what you're looking for, and you are a better person than I Gungadin!
There! I'm putting the soap box away now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My original post was somewhat longer and a potential expletive-fest, then I just deleted most of it, but it was mainly pointing out the fact that Macromedia need a good slap...all of them....who do they think they are, like some tinpot Micro$oft trying to inflict on us and infiltrate the web with all that bandwidth wasting trash....honestly !

If you cant code, fine....just don`t try to bluff it with naff gfx.

I can`t code, never tried, don`t want or need to, but even I managed to use a WYSIWYG editor and it didn`t end up like a trip to Disneyland in the 60`s, on foot wading through treacle with size 28 boots on, on a bad acid trip, after 6 bottles of vodka whilst being poked in the eyes with sticks.

Macromedia et al, can go and swing for all I care, I don`t know why they don`t go and join forces with AO(hel)L.....they`d probably do quite well over there.
loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry rwolf... EuroFad & I have gone off at a tangent....
Wysiwyg etc... I think we both have exhausted our grief at corporate domination now.
Have you managed to view the pics yet??
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have figured it out, thanks and also managed to have a good laugh at all your moaning & groaning as well. So thanks again guys!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consider me fully disgruntled, and at this hour !
I`ll never sleep now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also, that shower at the VH1 site are going to get a stinking email tomorrow.
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EuroFad wrote:
My original post was somewhat longer and a potential expletive-fest, then I just deleted most of it, but it was mainly pointing out the fact that Macromedia need a good slap...all of them....who do they think they are, like some tinpot Micro$oft trying to inflict on us and infiltrate the web with all that bandwidth wasting trash....honestly !

If you cant code, fine....just don`t try to bluff it with naff gfx.

Macromedia et al, can go and swing for all I care, I don`t know why they don`t go and join forces with AO(hel)L.....they`d probably do quite well over there.

Why come down on Macromedia? They provide what others ask for! It's been proven that the kiddiez like sites with animated graphics more than others. And if someone does a hit and run you can't blame the carfactory, it's the driver who's to blame or in this case the mayhem of the webdesginer(s) and the person(s) that decided to put it online, don't forget them!!! I agree that some site are totally impossible with flash not just bandwide but processingpower aswell. But some bands make good choices on their website look. See and hear LOW at www.chairkickers.com a small flash musicplayer more is not needed. Almost as good but more beautiful is The Secret Machines website www.thesecretmachines.com and yes Ladytron has too much flash but an option to see it as just HTML smart thinking www.ladytron.com ... oh yeah .. also if you need a flash screensaver

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn`t just Macromedia, they were the first ones that came to mind, and it really was just me having a moan :-)

My point was that any site should have both options available...

so, as you said, the kids will be able to use the flashy version, and those who just want to see the site at speed can do so, and any content can be made available to download separately without having to "hack" into the site and try to find it manually.

That`s if they want to be accessible to everyone of course ;-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Open Tech Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: