SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Different "timesetting"(clocks)?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Different "timesetting"(clocks)? Reply with quote

I posted a reply to a post and my post came before the post I replied to due to fault in "timesetting (clock)" (different time).
It happened just minutes ago.
(I took my reply off).I know checked that this post has the correct time compared to what it says at almost top of page ("the time is now...")
Annika
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that to. You, Sparkswede had put up a post 9.22 am my time, but the clock on my computer wasn only 9.17 am!!!!!
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pc clock shows 22.33 now swedish time (summertime) and the message on the board says itīs 10 hours earlier (I guess the time in CA,USA).I believe thatīs correct because the time difference is 9 hours (when not summertime here) I believe and because we have summertime here itīs 10 hours earlier in California. Weīll draw the clock one hour backwards here soon so then itīll be 9 hours difference I Think.
All this shall be correct I think (If not you there in California has summertime aswell now?????? or later ?or earlier perhaps?).
Well now itīs 22.38 here.
Annika
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparksswede wrote:
My pc clock shows 22.33 now swedish time (summertime) and the message on the board says itīs 10 hours earlier (I guess the time in CA,USA).I believe thatīs correct because the time difference is 9 hours (when not summertime here) I believe and because we have summertime here itīs 10 hours earlier in California. Weīll draw the clock one hour backwards here soon so then itīll be 9 hours difference I Think.
All this shall be correct I think (If not you there in California has summertime aswell now?????? or later ?or earlier perhaps?).
Well now itīs 22.38 here.

We have summertime here as well so we are 9 hours behind
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Annika but how come itīs 10 hours difference then (my pc clock shows now 22.52 and the time now according to this board is 12.52 that makes 10 hours difference am I not correct).
Iīm sure the clock here is now 22.54 so itīs 10 hours difference then not 9.
That goes for even if we both have summertime at the same time so to speak.So if we change back to wintertime (you and me) itīll still be 10 hours difference,amI not correct?
Annika
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My time here is 1.58, so that means that the time in sweden is 10.58 and that would be 9 hours, right?

I don't know if there is anything wrong with the setting on the site!!!!!!
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I see.So thereīs why it seemed 10 hours difference.
The time shown as the time are now on this board isnīt the time there(summertime) but the time as it would be without the summertime.That explains it all.So itīs 9 hours difference then,I understand it all.So here itīs now 23:20 (summertime))and your time (summertime) is 02:20 and thatīs 9 hours difference,your correct but it shows 01:20 on this board so therefore it seemed 10 hours difference.
OK good we got that sorted out.
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In you profile your can put things straith concerning the time on this forum and your own local pc/regional time. There will always be a slight difference cos not all computers/ servers time-sync with a atomclock-server(s) on the internet.

I sync my pc once every 3 or 4 months when it's fallen behind. Most pc's have an internal clock that is electronic and not as precise as an atomclock. This because when your pc has some heavy job it 'steals' resources from the mainboard and so slows it down. So with time pc's will often give a time that is behind the actual 'real' time.

It should not matter however what time it is on your own pc. But i suspect that either cookies are time stamped and check whenever a post is made. Or the forumsoftware could be running on two servers, one giving the interface/connection and another where all the data is stored. If the is a time issue or syncproblem between those two it might explain the troubles we sometimes have.

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Open Tech Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: