SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday Newspaper Freebies

View previous topic :: View next topic  

For A Sparks Freebie CD on a Sunday Paper
FOR
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
AGAINST
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
NOT SURE
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Sunday Newspaper Freebies Reply with quote

I ve noticed over recent Weeks Mail on Sunday has started to give away some Serious Music in there Issues.. I guess theres a Debate to be had if this Devalues the Music in any way!! Or as a promotional tool to sell Loads of Extra Copies of Papers.. Plus massive exposure for the Artists Concerned.. Would any one object to a Complete Sparks Album to be given away in such a fashion to generate interest or maybe a "Best Of Selection" as Peter Gabriel has just done this Week ..Hes giving proceeds to Charity though so he must be getting a Cut I guess..
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry this response is so late deadcalm...but I'd never object to a freebie Sparks album in a cardboard sleeve(let the purists bleat about selling out/demeaning the product etc)...I normally just ignore the albums offered in newspapers as they are often taken from a "live performance at the Ormskirk town hall"(at least thats what they sound like)...but I have saved of late Tubular Bells and the latest Prince offering,only in case any of the posters here from far flung countries where The Mail On Sunday is unavailable(you lucky people)want these"collectibles" .
Peter Gabriel didn't take a cut from his freebie...it ALL went to charity.
Just as a laugh you might want to start a thread whereby people could select 10 tracks only(otherwise you end up with a 43 track compilation)for a mini freebie CD ...then once 10 tracks are agreed on start another thread suggesting which sunday paper should supply it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Polls All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: