SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21X21 fan reviews...6)Big Beat
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last nights shows was my first of this series and i loved every minute of it. This album still rocks and there are enough of us to sing along with most songs. I got my wish: tearing the place apart. well how can hey not do that one, just like Gone with the wind and Change. Hoping for I wanna hold her hand? tonight or did they cover an other Beatles track?

So sad i missed the first 3 last weekend

Are there any others from the Netherlands tonight & tomorrow?

RON spoke twice and said: not to take the songs literually: White Women & Trow Her Away

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy
Robin Davies
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a bit bassy for my taste but another fine show.
Hornetpinata
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Wish I could have seen this one Reply with quote

If I could have only stayed in London a few more days. I don't think the songs on Big Beat quite rise to the level of the five albums before it, but they are good and the album was not well produced. The live bootleg I have of the Big Beat tour at the Bottom Line confirmed that. And with the Jim, Marcus and double Steven combo, this had to be a corker.

I miss Islington already!

Mike
rainbow
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the previous albums are better (exept for the photo's on the cover!), but I think it was very well done live, and it's a quite good album. It really rocked! I did notice the start over of Tearing the place apart, but I thought it was a joke, and planned! Of course, mistakes are part of life, makes them human and the more admirable! I don't miss any night apart from the first , but I miss al lot of the spoken words, it is just not audible sometimes. But the music is clear enough Ron Playing
Andy Whelan
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not one of my favourite Sparks albums, as I have always thought that the production let it down. This gig proved it, as it surpassed my expectations by a very long way, and showed the strength of the actual songs. Great stuff, and the encore re-start just made it all the more endearing!
kev hook
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day the streams are free, so why the whinges about glitches. I can only say my stream was nigh on perfect. I cant think of any other band that would put a FREE live stream up for shows that are far from sold out. Theyre doing us a big favour here, lets not forget that and say another HUGE THANK YOU eh ?

The band rocked, so did I. Thats enough for me. I salute you. More of the same please.

MiniPop

http://www.myspace.com/alphamael
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a rocker! From the start of Big Boy, the band were frisky but tight and evidently relishing a bit back to basics rock'n'roll. In an instant, a bouncy Russell had the audience in the palm of his hand, with much good humoured air punching to punctuate chants of "Big boi!, big boi!". The band thundered from song to song, with no inclination to stop for breath. Although the crowd was thinner than previous nights, the atmosphere was anything but subdued. At least that was until breaths were held as unassuming Russell gave us an unusual treat to a couple of stories from Sparks past.

With gusto, the energic rythmn machine of messers Steven Nister and co were pounding new life into these thirty year old songs, which had long ago been regulated in the shadows behind the classic Island trio. On Friday, Big Beat finally lived up to its name.
DeeDee
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev hook wrote:
At the end of the day the streams are free, so why the whinges about glitches. I can only say my stream was nigh on perfect. I cant think of any other band that would put a FREE live stream up for shows that are far from sold out. Theyre doing us a big favour here, lets not forget that and say another HUGE THANK YOU eh ?

The band rocked, so did I. Thats enough for me. I salute you. More of the same please.

MiniPop

I agree with you entirely. I well up each time a concert starts at being able to still be part of it. Even more so now that I can't do next weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: