SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SBE / ECOTD - Cameras

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigManRestless
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: SBE / ECOTD - Cameras Reply with quote

Having had a long hatred of the SBE and it's shall we say over-zealous security staff, does anyone know if they let you take (still) cameras in?

I want to say the staff the Islington Academy have been marvellous, much better than the self-important bar stewards you normally get in London.
Sparkle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure - I've been thoroughly searched at other shows I've seen there, so if you're thinking of taking one, I'd hide it well just in case! I took a small digital camera to the Islington shows, but I'm thinking that I might just take a disposable to Shepherds Bush - I used one at a Sparks gig a few years ago. I was very close to the front so I managed to get some fairly decent shots - a good tip is to wait for bright lighting! I was also lucky enough to get a couple of photos of Ron & Russell after the show. Worst case scenario - cheap disposable camera confiscated at the door - but I'll kick myself if I miss the opportunity!
Charlie Bucket
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine got pulled to one side at a Bjork show there a few years back and had to put his camera in the cloakroom and collect it at the end, which also meant he missed some of the show. I can only speculate whether or not this would be likely to happen again but I wouldnt be surprised if it did. Another friend of mine has a photo pass for the ECOTD show so I can definitely fix you up with plenty of high quality snaps from it if it helps but I can appreciate its not quite the same as having your own little personal mementos.
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my film camera confiscated there a few years ago and had to collect it at the end. If possible turn off your camera's flash and don't take pics too often or the bouncers will be able to hone in on you. Also take a shot just before the end of a song, then if the bouncers notice and try to spot you, they'll be faced with a sea of clapping hands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: