SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sparks = genius

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hyburn
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Sparks = genius Reply with quote

I voted for Profile for the SBE encore so was DELIGHTED when they did it tonight to round off HYL. Every night just gets better and better. Seems to me they are at the top of their game and the band were having a blast.

L'il Beethoven was absolutely masterful too - I felt I was in the presence of genius listening to it - I thought it sounded even better live than the record - how is that possible????

Am heading down on Friday from Scotland for SBE gig - can't wait and don't want it to end.

Ron Playing
MarkRae
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: Sparks = genius Reply with quote

hyburn wrote:
L'il Beethoven was absolutely masterful too - I felt I was in the presence of genius listening to it - I thought it sounded even better live than the record - how is that possible????

Atmosphere.
hyburn
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Atmosphere Reply with quote

I was watching it on the CD Pulse stream so wasn't actually there - does that still count as atmosphere OR was it just absolutely, completely and utterly BRILLIANT? A concept album to end all concept albums.

I think that the band has grown in confidence each night so I can't wait to hear the LIVE version of Strange Animal - it makes my spine tingle when I listen to the CD loud in my car. Ron Playing
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't beat being there! All the concerts have been quite thrilling. The livestreams were definitely welcome to extend the experience to those how couldn't be there in person. Of course, many of us are in communication by text etc after the shows to those at home watching on the web.

And yes - the band can't fail to have grown in confidence. R&R were clearly rocked at the lasting cheers of appreciation following songs that they themselves appear to have dismissed for years. Each show I've seen has exceeded even my glowing expectations in bounds.
rainbow
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole experience was such a blast. I heard (nearly) EVERYTHING live. I even heard several new songs! It was a perfect chance to experience how genius it all is, what they are coming from and where they are now. How grateful they are to the reception of all of us.
Oh, my God I will NEVER forget this. THANXXXXXXX R&R and all the other ones involved!!!!!!!! Ron Playing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: