SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

An Idea For What To Do Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: An Idea For What To Do Next Reply with quote

My thinking on this - for a while - is that they may want to consider mini-versions of the Spectacular. The perfect example would be LA. I don't think mounting 21 shows like they just did is likely to ever happen again, but I could see them taking up residency in Los Angeles for say, a week, and doing some thing like this:

Monday - Chronological selections from the first 7 albums. If they did 2 or 3 songs from each, that would be about 20-21 songs, an extensive but not atypical set. Encore: Goofing Off of course!

Tuesday - perfect for the LA crowd - chronolgical selections from their 80s albums. They may want to break with chronology for the encore though, as I don't think ID is rich in selections - though how about an encore of So Important and Change?

Thursday - GSASV, Plagiarism, Lil" Beethoven, HYL. Certainly a rich selection to choose from, and Mike Patton could come out and join them for an encore of Something and This Town. Nice!

Saturday - ECOTD American Debut; second half set of favorites.

That might be a residency they could do elsewhere as well - Belgium, Germany...and would not be as taxing obviously as 21x21.

What do you think, Sparks Management? That seems doable, doesn't it?
Annika
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that :)
Dal
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose they could do "The Singles" from each album. But I think there were different ones for different countries, so it might be a bit messy.
Billy Stevens
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose they should sleep for a very long time! (like me). Can I also say, I think they have already done it. SO, Nothing to do!
Billy Stevens
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I would love them to do Cali or Vegas it would give me an excuse to visit once again!
Marky
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that they should do a show where the main body of the show consists entirely of songs from the last three albums. Encores follow - any songs from the other 18 albums.
Poyns
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next? I personally would want them to get back into the studio to make their next great work of art.

A release (maybe downloads) of properly-mixed songs from the 21x21 shows would be wonderful for those of us in far-flung locations and could make a few bob for the chaps. I know I would pay good money for certain songs.

One thought - Sparks must be sitting on a large pile of unreleased songs they've accrued over the years so maybe some of them could be put out. A box set perhaps.

However if R&R wanted to lie on a beach for a year, I'm sure that would also be great. They have earned it several times over.
dafom
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrMonte -- that's a pretty cool idea! But i'd have to agree with others here that R&R probably consider the idea done, dead, and buried -- it was a lot of work, very cathartic I'm sure, and they would probably consider any followup shows to be anticlimactic.

Sure would make for some fun shows, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: