SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hail Kermit!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veryoldfan
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Hail Kermit! Reply with quote

I'd just like to say thank you to Kermit for organising the pub meets. I've met so many lovely people this last month and although I haven't been able to go to the pub every day it's been great to hang out there before/after some of the shows.
Thanks also to the pub staff for being so welcoming and nice, and for putting up with our little 'eccentricities'!

I probably won't be pubbing tonight as I'll be standing in the queue so to everybody I've met who I don't see later on: it's been great and I hope to see you all again at some future gig(s).

xxx
powpowpow
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seconded!
rolf = excellent hugging
veryoldfan
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

er, that was me, Alison. Set my profile to put my name at the end of all my messages but it clearly hasn't worked!
(Why oh why did I choose such a stupid username??!!!)

ALISON XXXX
lilywearsmoschino
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kermit, it was a pleasure to meet you and get to know you these past weeks. I have had the time of my life, and next time I come back to London for a weekend or whatever I will definitely base myself in N1.

Islington is a cracking wee place with great shopping, restaurants and people, I love it!!!!
BigManRestless
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who has made this month one of the happiest experiences of my life. The concerts have been wonderful, but it's the fans and friends I've met at the Edward VI that have helped make it even more special. I can't list you all but I hope you all know who you are. That first night I didn't know if I wanted to mingle or just watch from a distance but I took a deep breath and plunged in and I am so glad I did. I can't think of a single negative thing to come out of it all. It's been an absolute pleasure.

And of course thanks to Steve, Marcus, Steven, Jim, Tammy, Jimmy, string and brass players and of course Ron & Russell for the music.

Let's go out on a high tonight!
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly my sentiments! At home, if I happen bump into a fellow Sparks fan in the street, it becomes the highlight of the week. Due to Kermit's efforts in securing our own "gang hut", I have nightly had the pleasure of speaking with time and ease to Sparks superfans travelling from near and far across the globe. Its also great that the masterful but affable musicians in the band and fellow pop stars have taken the time to pop over. Thank you so much Kermit for making these special gatherings happen, and all who joined our company. Can honestly say it was a pleasure meeting everyone. No one else anywhere will be able to understand just what a unique good time we've had over many, many evenings.
Achoo!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Sparks are lucky to have fans like Rolf. Reply with quote

Hi Rolf - Halvard from Oslo....
It was a pleasure meeting you at the concerts and at the pub. Thanks for making us feel included within the group of Sparkophiles.
Please send me a message with your e-mail so we can keep in touch after the Sparks-deluge...

To everybody else - It was great meeting you all! Thanks to all of you and most of all SPARKS for giving us a fantastic time in London....

[/list]
sin-is-quite-the-thing
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Kermit!
Loved meeting you all! Hope to see you at future concerts
Kermit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh My!! This was really unexpected. Thankyou guys for all your thank yous. It's really been such a pleasure. Meeting everybody and making so many new special friends from all over the world has just been such a joy. The happiness and friendships that I've seen blossom over these past few weeks has really been quite incredible. Long may they continue!! Make sure these little acorns of friendships grow in to big old oak trees!! As the nearest Sparks fan to the venue it was left to me to sort out the meet and I'm so glad that everyone has had such a good time. Any Sparks fan would have done the same had they come to play on your doorstep and in future i'm sure you all will in your own way too. The concerts have been truly spectacular but the pub meets have been just as good in their own way. It's given a chance for everyone to make friends and really feel like quite a family which is something that just doesn't happen when you go to a one off gig. Thanks to the band for joining in and being such wonderful guys. It's been a real pleasure meeting you all. I won't name names because there are just too many but you know who you all are but to everyone from the fans, to the band, to the crew, to the staff at the Eddie and the staff at the Academy, Bon Voyage to you all. To have been a part of Islington history and music history is all I need to say in life that my job is done and it's been bloody good fun too!!!!
Of course without the genius of Ron & Russell this would never have happened and thanks to them for making such wonderful music for so many years. I think at this occasion they must surely have witnessed what such a great effect their music has on people. They create happy people and that's a great accomplishment in life for anyone. Long may they go on and don't ever stop guys!!! We all love you!!!!
Looking forward to tonight at Shepherds Bush. I know it's gonna be a blast. Have fun everybody. A big hug to each and everyone of you!!!! XXXXXXXXX!!!!!!
You've Got Mael
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The get-togethers at the Edward VI were as important to me as the shows themselves! Thank you Kermit (Rolf), my new lifelong friend! It was quite a ride!
Charlie Bucket
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only echo all the sentiments above, Kermit deserves a huge pat on the back for his efforts, its been incredible! It was great to share this experience with so many amazing people, thanks again Kermit!
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kermit, I finally identified you tonight with your Batman shirt on and said Hello. I think we were sitting at the corner of the bar in the EDVI after HYL, if you were wearing a baseball shirt with 56 on it, but I hadn't realised who you were then. Greetings. Like your avatar !

Steve
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done indeed Kermit...excellent choice of meet-up venue the bar staff and regulars in the pub couldn't have made us any more welcome...I'll bet they're ALL Sparks fans now...lol...anyway cheers again !!
Billy Stevens
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is, it was a great pleasure Rolf, but I can't believe you wore Batman twice . To be in a pub and listen to Sparks without being told to "turn that crap off" (I don't take any notice by the way) was weird in a great sort of way. To everyone I met at the Eddy and at the right hand bar at islington and the back centre bar (what a great view and beer on demand) in the empire, Thanks for putting up with me and making the whole solo experience not seem so solo! By the way the only reason I always stood by the bar was.................................................................................................................................................................................................................I like french polishing and lager! Oh and thank the Eddy for the nibbles. I nearly said cheesy poofs sorry puffs!
Oh and hopefully I will see you and yours "IN THE FUTURE"
Brightonian
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well done Rolf!

Great choice of venue, being so close to the, er, venue. It was fun meeting up with people before the shows. My only regret: that communting back to Brighton meant I couldn't go after the shows!
MissmissyTannenbaum
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kermit, I didn't got the chance to bid you a proper farewell I'm back in Norway now and are crossing my fingers that I'll have the chance to meet you guys again.
Loreley
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissmissyTannenbaum wrote:
Hi Kermit, I didn't got the chance to bid you a proper farewell I'm back in Norway now and are crossing my fingers that I'll have the chance to meet you guys again.

*seconded.
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how I missed this thread. Shame on me. I guess I was on the plane flying home and never got around to reading some of these posts. ANYWAY, dear Rolf, I don't know what I would have done without your suggestions for places to go and sights to see while I was in your fair city. The trip to Hampton Court was fantastic and the boat ride to Greenwich wonderful. I will never forget all the great times at the Eddie and the fabulous host who made all of us feel welcome. You are a treasure, and I hope we get to meet up again sometime. You must come to Hawaii & I'll show you around. You all must come visit me here at some point, seriously; especially if you are in LOVE. It's a romantic spot for sure.
Kermit

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again everybody for all your kind words. Islington certainly seems a different place these days without all of your happy Sparks faces going around town. I was totally exhausted at the end of all the shows and thank God I had already booked a week in Ibisa a week later for my birthday. It gave me a good chance to recharge my batterries and feel human again. I had to fit in Yazoo and Grace Jones (Incredible!) prior to my departure, so that turned up the gig list to 23.....in a month...ugh!!! Still, since being back I've seen the Presets too (amazing!!) and I'm looking forward to the B52s this week. Gigging is so much fun and keeps us all young at heart even if the body sometimes tells us otherwise.
I've been in to the Eddie recently to say hello and they are all missing us. Lorinda, the lovely landlady, is always asking when are we all coming back. That's up to Sparks I suppose but rest assured we are never forgotten down there everyone. I will cherish forever the fun and frolics we all had in our very own special Sparks times in the Eddie. They have given the inside a good paint job and smartened the place up a bit, (probably been able to do with all the business the Sparks fans created), but it's looking good. Just needs a few more sparks posters up on the wall now though...LOL!! The old ones seemed to be dissappearing rather quickly here and there!! ha ha!!
They are doing Sunday roast dinners now too which sounds rather good!! I could have done with one of those some nights before the concerts!! I haven't been there for one yet but will soon and I'll let you know how the grub is when I do!!
Anyway, I hope you are all enjoying your summer, getting nice and tanned and enjoying the memories. I'm sure we'll all meet up again sometime soon once the new tour is announced. Big hugs to everyone!! Kermie!!! xxxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: