SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How often do you think of Sparks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

On average how often do you think of Sparks?
At least once very half hour?
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
At least once every hour?
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
At least once every 3 hours?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
At least once every 5 hours?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
At least once every 10 hours?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
At least once every 24 hours?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
At least once every 2 days?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
At least once every 4 days?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Loreley
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about all the time?
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loreley wrote:
How about all the time?

A perfectly reasonable answer... It is Sparks we are talking about after all.
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, can anyone interpret this Sparks dream for me?

I'm on a yacht, it's gloriously sunny out. I'm stretched out on a deck chair enjoying the sun. Russell is there too, sunning himself. Ron's at the wheel with a Captain's hat on, steering the ship. Everything's fine. Ron calls out saying he's going below deck to make dinner and that he's got the boat on auto but can we keep an eye on things. We say yeah sure. It's still sunny but it gets very breezy and the sea starts getting choppy. We ignore it. It starts clouding and the wind picks up even more, the yacht becomes increasingly unstable. Russell and I go over to the steering wheel but we don't know what we're doing and we make things worse. I'm getting pretty nervous at this stage and call down to Ron. He says he's doing the dinner and that's that. Russell and I try to keep the wheel steady but it keeps slipping out of our grasp and the waves get higher and higher and start crashing in all around the boat. I must have had enough of the dream at this stage cause that's when I woke up.
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: dream Reply with quote

it sounds like maybe you have seen the cover of now that i own the bbc recently,and in your subconcious mind you have dreamt that you were in a story that linked that picture,i also think that even though you trust russell deep down you know that ron is the one that keeps everything together and is needed when things go pear shaped.there Lady i hope you can breathe easiear now after the psychology lesson.
corina
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking like peter, that the dreams meaning is : ron is the real leader of the band.
PETER RAWCLIFFE
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE CORINA!
Pineapple95
Power Groupie

Location: Just like New York, Just like Paris, Just like the coast of Peru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Sparked wrote:
I used to have the radio on when I slept but not any more. I dreamed John Wayne had died one night & when I woke up I heard that he had. I'd obviously picked up on it from the news while I slept.
As I work nights now I hear quite a lot of those phone-in shows which can be annoying at times. The best one at the moment is Big George (who composed the theme music of 'Have I got news for you' among others) on BBC London 94.9. He's very entertaining.

Yeah, I've met Big George, he's a great guy. He's always as funny as he is on the radio!
Basil: Yes you did, you invaded Poland...
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: dream Reply with quote

PETER RAWCLIFFE wrote:
it sounds like maybe you have seen the cover of now that i own the bbc recently,and in your subconcious mind you have dreamt that you were in a story that linked that picture,i also think that even though you trust russell deep down you know that ron is the one that keeps everything together and is needed when things go pear shaped.there Lady i hope you can breathe easiear now after the psychology lesson.

Thanks Peter. So, the boat is Sparks and while I may be very fond of Russell I should never forget that Ron stops it from sinking. He really did seem in a bit of a huff when he was making dinner!

Apparently dreaming of boats can mean the following:

"Boats tend to link to issues involving continuous excitement and emotional momentum. They may link to parties and friends that we have had or are about to have. They link to the other things that excite us such as ideas, books, and work projects. In another sense the boat may link to a wish to achieve such a sense of excitement."

Boats link to things that excite us? Sparks!
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron found a nice pretext to leave you alone with Russell (making dinner? come on!). But you know how dreams work - when all is ready for the big moment, something happens and you can't have what you want. And dreams often need complicated scenarios to create that specific frustration, so that's why this dream used a storm. At least you've fighted the storm together with Russell!
Slowboat, bring me back another day...
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jill wrote:
Ron found a nice pretext to leave you alone with Russell (making dinner? come on!).... At least you've fighted the storm together with Russell!

Good point Jill... and our hands were so slippery we couldn't keep control! This dream sounds better and better... I'm off to bed to try and conjure up another one... maybe this time I can convince Ron to go a-shore for some provisions
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to PM me when you'll convince Ron to go ashore. I'll store a few cans of food, just in case.
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jill wrote:
Don't forget to PM me when you'll convince Ron to go ashore. I'll store a few cans of food, just in case.

It's a deal.. by god we'll get these guys pregnant if it's the last thing we do!
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take them to Spain, hear them complain MiniPop
sparksfanlm
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How often do you think of Sparks? Reply with quote

Lady Is Lingering wrote:
hardly an hour goes by or even a half hour without them cropping up in my thoughts. I also find that I'll go to extraordinary lengths to bring the conversation around to the subject of Sparks, much to some of my friends' jaded amusement.

Lol, same here.. If someone mentions California or something, I'd chime in with "That's where Ron and Russell of Sparks are from", or The Beatles, I'd be like "Ron and Russell Mael are fans of The Beatles", even if no one is the least bit interested. My mum reckons I should seek professional help, but what does she know, lol. Ron Playing
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This reminds me of visiting an art gallery in London when I was over there for 21x21. The place was full of Italian abstract paintings and I kept seeing the word 'Sparks' in them...

Imagine what our rorschach tests would show... Not, that's a cloud, that's a butterfly but that's Russell Mael's haircut for La Dolce Vita and that's a monkey driving a car.
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomorrow I'm going to take a trip to Russia and for some reason I'm disappointed because I cannot fly Aeroflot... I still see your photoshopped interior of that plane :)
corina
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corina wrote:
all of you make me laugh with your funny dreams

am i the only one who doesnt dream anything?...

i am proud to announce, that last night i had for the first time, a sparks dream!

i was in a bus with a group of fans that were going to meet the sparks in a chinese restaurant.

then, when we got off the bus, i was stepping with my shoes in deep mud, and i was a shame to meet the sparks with my dirty shoes :) so i left the group and went to find some water to clean the mud.

then i got too late to the chinese restaurant, when everybody already finished the meal, and left the table,

but russell was still waiting there for me,
what a polite guy!

i was so excited to meet him, that i couldn't say a word ! so we were just sitting there all quiet.

and i checked russells appearance, and noticed that he has dirty fingernails! :) so i thought to myself that maybe after all it was ok to come with dirty shoes to the meeting, and not miss it. :)

i also noticed another strange thing in his appearance...
he had a small magnet attached to his forehead!

i was very curious to know what is it. but i was a shamed to ask, so i pretended that i didn't noticed the strange magnet.

anyway, usually i eat my meal very slow, and finish it long time after everybody else already finished their meal.
but this time i decided to make an effort and eat fast, and not finish all the food in the plate, because russell already waited for me too long, so i don't want too make him wait again for me.

obviously i didn't enjoy the food, when i ate it in such a stress...

and then i waked up !

is it a strange dream, or what !?

Last edited by corina on Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:49 am; edited 1 time in total
jill
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, it's a good start!
The Chinese restaurant may be a loose association of ideas, after you saw the picture of that menu from Made's Warung. Or maybe you like Chinese food, or you know that the Maels like exotic food and exotic restaurants.
No need to explain why the dream made Russell wait for you :)
Now dreams are great at equalizing people, so if you had mudded shoes, then Russell had to have dirty fingernails - it's only natural. But you should know better about the magnet - do you fear magnets, are you rather fascinated by them (in this case, maybe the dream just showed your wish to touch Russell) or do you simply like them to be on your fridge? Cos I can't believe that you see Russell being as cold as a fridge :)
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell is a chick magnet!
corina
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jill wrote:
Congrats, it's a good start!
The Chinese restaurant may be a loose association of ideas, after you saw the picture of that menu from Made's Warung.

this is what i was thinking too.

Or maybe you like Chinese food,

yes i do!

or you know that the Maels like exotic food and exotic restaurants.

i didn't know ! but maybe i should guess it from the cover of kimono my house

No need to explain why the dream made Russell wait for you :)
Now dreams are great at equalizing people, so if you had mudded shoes, then Russell had to have dirty fingernails - it's only natural.

??? this is the first time i hear this equalizing theory!

But you should know better about the magnet - do you fear magnets, are you rather fascinated by them (in this case, maybe the dream just showed your wish to touch Russell) or do you simply like them to be on your fridge?

i have them on my fridge, and my cat likes to play with them and drop them down :) he broke a lot of my favorite magnets! like the tobleron miniatura :)
but i see the magnet thing, as something futoristic, or like the proof that russell is an alien!

Cos I can't believe that you see Russell being as cold as a fridge :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Polls All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: