SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ReNewed Poll: Sparks Convention October 16th 2004

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you come to a Sparks Convention in October 2004 in Glastonbury
Yes, I will be there
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Maybe, not for sure
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
Certainly not I fear
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 21

Carl_van_breukelen
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: ReNewed Poll: Sparks Convention October 16th 2004 Reply with quote

From The Girl From Glastonbury:

Due to an encouraging and enthusiastic response, I have decided to press on with organising a convention.

The confirmed date is SATURDAY, OCTOBER 16th, 2004, and the venue is the GEORGE AND PILGRIMS HOTEL, HIGH STREET GLASTONBURY.

We have the use of an upstairs function room with bar and dancefloor. The bar will be open until 12.30, and we can have music until 1am, though residents and their guests can drink until they drop in the hotel bar.

I have a pet DJ who will happily play his way through my vast Sparks vinyl
collection, and though it will pain him professionally, he will play CDs as well! Please feel free to bring music!!!

I have also arranged for a projectionist, who will show a non-stop collection of promo videos,interviews, concert footage and rare clips.

Several special guests have, or are in the process of, being invited, and I am sure you will all provide a warm and courteous welcome to whoever attends.

Other "activities" are in the pipeline, so watch this thread!

My fellow organiser is Steve Gore, (the L&H fan from Bristol) who many of you will already know as a dedicated Sparks fan of old. Carl is also providing invaluable help with publicity, guests, handy hints, and soothing messages of support at 3am!!!

The hotel management has set aside the hotel for us - rooms will be on a first come, first served basis, obviously.

Relevant links to help you make arrangements are:

www.georgeandpilgrims.activehotels.com
www.glastonbury.co.uk

Please feel free to contact me through pm with any queries. I'd appreciate it if this thread was kept clear so I can use it to post updated info. If you wish to leave comments on the boards please do so on Carl's Sparks polls thread.

Thank you! GFG

For those who are really sure that they will come, please also take the effort to fill in the form at http://www.fanmael.net/convention.htm (and leave some message as well) so we can put names to numbers..

Hope to see you all in Glastonbury, Carl.

Last edited by Carl_van_breukelen on Sat Jul 10, 2004 5:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you...Now you are going to think I am being REALLY awkward(and you are probably right...lol)..but will there be a tallying of posts on both sites and how will we know we aren't counting the same people twice??
Carl_van_breukelen
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Robertson wrote:
how will we know we aren't counting the same people twice??

I have an engineering degree in informatics so I guess we can rely on the maths (on the other hand: I always have disputes with my accountant and the tax office - but those are different figures)...
baldski
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to come and will try, but can't commit that far ahead - so I've put myself down as a maybe. Sorry Carl & Lynn, I know it's the maybe votes that make planning awkward!

Do you have an idea of a date, if it's the weekend of the 9th I'll probably become a 'no'. That's my wife's birthday, and much as she likes Sparks I don't think she'll want me to take her to a convention!
wonder girl
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: possible sparks convention Reply with quote

have just casted my vote again

Yes i will definately go if you get enough people interested

The sad thing is.....I don't know any Sparks fans personally so can't up the numbers for you ..........sorry
Terry Little

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 7:01 am    Post subject: Sparks Convention Reply with quote

I will definately come down to this one. (Have also posted reply also on other poll).

A full day of Sparks music non stop - what more can a man want !

Well done to the GFG and I'm sure the folks will be gracious hosts !!

Cheers, Terry
Mike Ventrella
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to a Sparks get together in NYC about ten years ago when I lived there. That was when there was a Sparks mailing group (pre-Bulletin Boards). Wonder if they will do that again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Polls All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: