SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrivals - Departures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussie wrote:
Steve Harley passed away with cancer
I grew up with the Rebel, I am so Pis**ed off
RIP Steve Harley

That is so sad,I was just listening to The Human Menagerie CD this morning.
Sebastian was my first introduction to Cockney Rebel, I didn't know who it was at the time but it captivated me.
When Judy Teen came out I rushed to buy The Human Menagerie...Judy Teen wasn't on the album, however I was reacquainted with Sebastian so that was adequate compensation. BTW Judy Teen and Rock And Roll Parade are bonus tracks on the CD.
I have been to several Steve Harley, solo as well as Cockney Rebel gigs but he often did charity gigs local to me in West Sussex, these were very intimate affairs with a small audience. The most memorable was in a marquee in Borde Hill Gardens where he was a frequent visitor and I believe he was godfather to the child of the custodians.
This was a memorable gig for me as during the intermission I needed to relief myself but it was a long walk to the toilets...I found a very leafy willow type tree whose branches reached the ground so I thought I'd nip into the sheltered foliage. Only to find someone else had the same idea, it was Mr.Harley. We had a laugh about it and a bit of a chat, I proclaimed my love of Sebastian, he said it wasn't on the play list but to leave it with him. We shared a bottle of water to wash our hands and shook hands. Dino(Star For A Week) and Judy Teen were the encore songs but at the end of Judy Teen he threw in the last verse of Sebastian. Easy I suppose as it was an acoustic gig but I like to think that was just for me.
aussie
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Robertson wrote:
aussie wrote:
Steve Harley passed away with cancer
I grew up with the Rebel, I am so Pis**ed off
RIP Steve Harley

That is so sad,I was just listening to The Human Menagerie CD this morning.
Sebastian was my first introduction to Cockney Rebel, I didn't know who it was at the time but it captivated me.
When Judy Teen came out I rushed to buy The Human Menagerie...Judy Teen wasn't on the album, however I was reacquainted with Sebastian so that was adequate compensation. BTW Judy Teen and Rock And Roll Parade are bonus tracks on the CD.
I have been to several Steve Harley, solo as well as Cockney Rebel gigs but he often did charity gigs local to me in West Sussex, these were very intimate affairs with a small audience. The most memorable was in a marquee in Borde Hill Gardens where he was a frequent visitor and I believe he was godfather to the child of the custodians.
This was a memorable gig for me as during the intermission I needed to relief myself but it was a long walk to the toilets...I found a very leafy willow type tree whose branches reached the ground so I thought I'd nip into the sheltered foliage. Only to find someone else had the same idea, it was Mr.Harley. We had a laugh about it and a bit of a chat, I proclaimed my love of Sebastian, he said it wasn't on the play list but to leave it with him. We shared a bottle of water to wash our hands and shook hands. Dino(Star For A Week) and Judy Teen were the encore songs but at the end of Judy Teen he threw in the last verse of Sebastian. Easy I suppose as it was an acoustic gig but I like to think that was just for me.

Thats a fantastic Story Alex, and a great tribute to a great man

I HAVE WON LOTTO
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first two albums are stand alone classics . Was a following for the Rebel at the time at the college i attended. Would not of taken immediate notice otherwise as there were lots of other distractions taking place . What a Great Front Man SH was . He knew how to engage with the audience big time RIP.
Buckeye Randy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OJ Simpson - 76
Born: July 9, 1947
Died: April 10, 2024

Iconic and polarizing
Buckeye Randy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dicky Betts (Allman Brothers)

Departed: April 18, 2024 (age 80 years)
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Pinder of The Moody Blues
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Stuff and Nonsense All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: