SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sparks in DC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vapre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:44 am    Post subject: Sparks in DC Reply with quote

So far the set list has been fairly standardized so I don’t think this will happen, but considering they’re playing the Lincoln Theater on 6/30, it would be hilarious (and on-brand*?) to hear “So Tell Me Mrs. Lincoln Aside from That How Was the Play?" We shall see.

*cheekily irreverent
Oscar
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought they were crazy for not playing that song during the Hippo tour. Just seemed like it would come off amazingly well live. Not holding my breath for it in DC, but fingers crossed!
Vapre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They didn’t but it was still a great show
harryc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But don't you think that playing "Mrs. Lincoln" at the Lincoln Theatre would be too obvious for them? I mean, I know they're unconventional, unpredictable and irreverent risk-takers, but, to me, singing "Tell Me Mrs. Lincoln..." is like someone arriving in New York City for the first time and belting out "New York, New York." I just don't see them doing that.

BTW, I loved the concert last night in DC, but I have been experiencing separation anxiety and depression all day. (But I'm watch the documentary again, so now I'm happy! It's "Intermission" right now. 😉) I know it sounds corny, but I'll never forget seeing them last night. I was with my 27-year-old daughter. I love that Sparks is inter-generational in addition to everything else they are.
Mdme_Quagmire
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was my first Sparks show (hopefully not the last) and it definitely ranks first on my list of best shows I have ever seen. I laughed, I cried, and I CAN'T BELIEVE some of the songs I got to hear live that I never thought I would get the opportunity. It's a shame only 20 songs could be featured but I was pleasantly surprised at the variety. Gorgeous venue. Drink prices were severely unfair, but had such a lovely time meeting new folks and allowing photos to be taken of my jacket! (I was the one with the cross-stitched guys on my back) Peace and love to our wonderful fan community and SO PROUD of the guys as they finally soak in their long-overdue rewards. My everything is FULL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: