SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Episode - Ira Robbins of Trouser Press!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject: New Episode - Ira Robbins of Trouser Press! Reply with quote

Had a great conversation with Ira Robbins, co-founder and publisher of the old Trouser Press magazine - my favorite music mag while growing up in the 1970s. They were always fans of the band, and friends of Sparks.

Great insights from the unique perspective of a revered journalist. I think you'll enjoy the conversation. And some may not agree with everything he says - but if we all agreed, that would make life boring, wouldn't it! :)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy, and if you could take a moment to subscribe, that would be great. Thanks for your support!

https://youtu.be/YD-p7-IFr_c
waterloosunset
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed this interview a lot, especially the part about the afterparty from one of Sparks' early gigs which was held at a Burger King on 58th Street (Manhattan). Ira Robbins says that he has a picture of Ron and Russell chowing down on burgers!!!
dinky
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different perspective on the band, never any harm in hearing that. I’ll be keeping my out for the book

Well done Monte, another interesting guest
MrMonte
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like the interview and I think it's important to show different perspectives. The book is a few years away though! You all should come on the show and contribute! :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: