SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

re-release No.1 in Heaven/Is There More To Life Than Dancing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
waterloosunset
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:44 pm    Post subject: re-release No.1 in Heaven/Is There More To Life Than Dancing Reply with quote

from Sparks on Twitter:

"Celebrating the 45th anniversaries of ‘No.1 In Heaven’ & the Sparks-written-and-produced lost gem ‘Is There More To Life Than Dancing’ by Noël with a double colored vinyl release!"

"Released worldwide on April 20 through Lil’ Beethoven Records, in the US this special double LP release will be exclusively available in indie record stores for #RSD2024. Both albums will also be released on CD, with an abundance of bonus tracks, on May 17"
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder what the bonus tracks will be... previously unreleased demos or extended remixes ....or both?
dinky
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nipped into my local vinyl shop (UK) to ask if it could be ordered/reserved. They've no record of it yet, mentioned the title to the person serving and got a surprised 'oh giorgo moroder produced it'

Not a completely wasted trip
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always thought these two albums were closer connected than the "Terminal Jive " one . Pretty sure No 1 will release will just be including all the 12 inch mixes etc . Any unheard unreleased bonus stuff would be a real nice surprise.
Brightonian
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering what if anything will be different about the No 1 in Heaven 45th anniversary release, as compared to the 40th anniversary release just - you guessed it - 5 years ago.

I'm imagining it will pretty much be the same in terms of bonus tracks ... unless they've gotten hold of some studio outtakes, works-in-progress, etc. from Giorgio Moroder ... which would be amazing to hear for such a seminal album ... but, I think, is too much to hope for.

So, for me, the appeal will be the first CD/digital release of the Noel album in its entirety ... plus any associated 7"/12" variations of the songs as bonus tracks.
Spyke
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great news, especially about the Noel album.
Eric Murray
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Press release on Republic Media

http://www.republicmedia.net
dinky
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The release is not on the UK Record Store Day list

https://irp.cdn-website.com/67794b89/files/uploaded/Record%20Store%20Day%20List%202024%20PDF-5035cbf6.pdf
Oscar
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest fan club email says Russell's original guide vocals for the Noel album will be included in the bonus tracks!
Crabby
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's going to be very very intriguing...... I can't wait..... I'll probably have to hang on for the CDs because my record player is bust and May does seem a bit of a wait but l'm assuming from reading the email there will be lots of bonus goodies on both CDs (or maybe l being too optimistic!)
2024......another great Sparks year!
waterloosunset
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dinky wrote:
The release is not on the UK Record Store Day list

https://irp.cdn-website.com/67794b89/files/uploaded/Record%20Store%20Day%20List%202024%20PDF-5035cbf6.pdf

The most recent Sparks email had this:
"First will be a double coloured vinyl release on April 20th, with No.1 In Heaven in white and Is There More To Life Than Dancing? in green. In America this will be part of Record Store Day so will available be only in RSD independent stores in America. Everywhere else this special double vinyl package will be on general release."

I actually am annoyed by this because, if you live in the US and there is no independent record store carrying it, then you are out of luck. It will pop up on eBay, and I'll have to pay more for it. If you live somewhere else, it will be "on general release." Not a nice way to treat the citizens of your own country.
Andy M
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sympathize, waterloosunset. It does seem barmy. I can't say I'm a fan of RSD. I get the intent behind it - get people to go into their local record shop - but I live miles from the nearest town with such a shop. It seems the biggest winners from RSD are those who buy to resell on ebay!
Brightonian
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oscar wrote:
Latest fan club email says Russell's original guide vocals for the Noel album will be included in the bonus tracks!

I'm sooooooo looking forward to this. I always thought that in places Russell might have been in the mix a little on some of the finished version. Whether that was real or imagined, it will be amazing to hear the guide vocal versions.

With No. 1 in Heaven, I'm wondering if this will essentially be a re-release of the 40th anniversary edition, or whether there will be something new there too.
waterloosunset
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy M wrote:
I sympathize, waterloosunset. It does seem barmy. I can't say I'm a fan of RSD. I get the intent behind it - get people to go into their local record shop - but I live miles from the nearest town with such a shop. It seems the biggest winners from RSD are those who buy to resell on ebay!

Really, I agree with Andy M, but against my generally better instincts, I went to my first Record Store Day event at Newbury Comics at Harvard Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts on Saturday. I had to wait a half hour to get into the store - they were only letting 15-20 in the store at the same time. Much to my astonishment, they had 2-3 copies of the double vinyl, one of which I snatched up fast. The guy working the floor and the cashier high-fived each other because it was such a cool find. I don't know why they didn't high-five me, but since only one other person I "know" was able to score this in the States, I'm all around ecstatic. I went back there this afternoon, and there were no more copies at the store or in any of their other locations. I was going to send it to a friend who couldn't get one.
waterloosunset
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not done yet. I have a question. Does anyone know if the double CD will be available in the US, or will we have to order it from England? I'd like to support the Sparks store, but the shipping is outrageous. This is not the store's fault; at some time during covid, shipping to the US from everywhere went berserk, and vice versa.
Eric Murray
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that Sparks had a US based store last year ?
waterloosunset
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Murray wrote:
I am sure that Sparks had a US based store last year ?

As I recall, last year you could order either from Island or from the Sparks store (UK). The Island shipping was less expensive.
aussie
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just ordered the No 1 in Heaven cd, which is in my top 3 Sparks LP's / CD's

I HAVE WON LOTTO
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Music Only All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: