SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

chat room with log on id?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
den
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: chat room with log on id? Reply with quote

I have a lot of problems with logging on in the chat room. I think someone messes with the settings for all of us. How about another topic ie: a chat room topic that you need to sign in. That way you can track the certain delinquits/lonley/childish people you need to deal with. There have been comments from new people trying to get on and in the chat room to hook up with other sparks fans
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not PC literate enough to fully understand what you are saying Den...but I do get the general drift....Is it really possible for someone outside of the webhosts(I hope thats what they are called!!) to sabotage the chatroom?
I suppose if it possible to scam the registration for the forums by putting on websites for groups(erasure ,tori amos etc) as your own website and put on completely bogus e-addresses,apparently a common trick by people using multiple IDs(I asked a self admitted geek about it) ..its just as easy to bugger up the chatroom for genuine users and the "Sparks curious" by doing the same...a genuine problem??Lets hope its not and just a genuine fault!
wondergirl
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:35 am    Post subject: chat room Reply with quote

msn is free to download and you can choose who you talk to (go into google type in msn messenger that will give a link to the website where you can download msn) surley then we could all chat as we have each others username and for extra security makeup a password
CALI
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish the chatroom was up and running again. I MISS IT!! However I do think that there really should be some form of registration/login system before anyone is allowed to use it. Surely it cannot be that difficult to set up.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cali...the problem still lies with people who register using false IDs (not on their user name or nickname...but actually as a registration)Take the numerous false IDs on the main boards,some with a different e-address from their real one..eg..another group's website....some of these people have even woven wonderful tales around themselves to "flesh out" the (false) character...don't ask me why(.... I did get an insight to HOW its done quite recently),but until this can be stopped...a registration set-up won't work(it may deter some though),because the only people who will register their true IDs will be the ones not causing bother anyway!
CALI
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, you are right (of course!!). I had not given that a thought. I can't understand people wanting to do this really but there are some 'strange' people out there for sure who spoil it for the rest of us 'kosher' fans!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Open Tech Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: