SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Join the Sparks Street Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SPARKS Forum Index -> Official Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes!!!!..it stated the single was to be released on jan 30 th , and the cd 6TH FEB
LadyGodiva
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so January will be the month of 'giving sparks advert papers, telling everyone that finally the album and single of that so favourite group of yours (everyone around you knows about it because you mention Sparks at once twice per hour) are going to be released soon!!!'

64 Youpiiiiii 64

Anyway, I'm going to spread the words at the university, I've already talked about Sparks to 5 different persons, that's a good beggining, now it's time to share the sound and music and to spread the maelmania 64

I should not post at night just after reading that sort of news, these are two factors to make my brain bounce into my head!
Ruud
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been running a Sparks fan club from 1974-1989 and from 1994 until it was merged in the Fan Mael site. In those day, I was always worked against by the US fanclub. Will this still be the case?

Ruud.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MrDemotime
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well Ruud, who do you think is running the street team??

this is a time for being positive and working together with this new album
sparkette
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: sunshine and flowers Reply with quote

We'll send you some tulips, Ruud, if I can find some and you are just around the bend.

All the best!

**for you US fans, as soon as a date is announced I will try to let you know of any bargin airfares - they are out there**
Ruud
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much obliged, Sparkette, but I happen to live in the centre of the Dutch tulip fields.

Forgive me my slight cynicism. I suppose things will have changed over the years..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruud wrote:
I've been running a Sparks fan club from 1974-1989 and from 1994 until it was merged in the Fan Mael site. In those day, I was always worked against by the US fanclub. Will this still be the case?

Ruud.
The point being???
Surely if an unofficial fanclub had any kind of endorsement from the official camp...that would make it official too!(or am I being too simplistic??)...why is,what seems to be a grievance of some long standing being aired now...when everyone(well almost) is upbeat with the positive news of the new album and tour???
CALI
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, I couldn't agree more. This is not the time or the place to be airing centuries old grievances. We should all be pulling together now to make this album/single a bloody well deserved success for Ron and Russell.

Anyway, I am getting off my soapbox now and are going out to do some 'Sparks' promotion around my much frequented clubs :-)
Girl From Glastonbury
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been chatting about Sparks to Hilary, Dick and Emily at the festival office: yes, I know there's no festival next year, but these people have other irons in the fire, and they are largely of (ahem!) that certain age..the festival committee's collective favourite act at Pilton this year was Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel.

I live in hope....!!!
Ruud
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your clearing reply. Of course my message wasn't to you in the first place. I just remember the thousands of guilders and days of work put into my efforts to promote Sparks in those days (quite a long period in fact), while being threathened by a law suit. It just brought back memories really.

I agree that we all should be positive and exciting about the new album coming up and I haven't been anything else regarding Sparks for the last 30+ years. But let's not get to the point where we cannot have any form of criticism on Sparks. After all, we are not sycophantic. Or are we?

Ruud.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find being sycophantic gets me through the toils and tribulations of life...it helps me get over things a lot easier.
The whole point of being a fan is to be sycophantic...admittedly some fans are psychophants..but of course nobody has ever,to my knowledge,been castigated for honest constructive criticism on this site (yes the complete tossers have been.).Obviously you didn't run the "Unofficial"fan-club for profit...but you still seem to be counting costs...which is still a bit of a bind to cast it up now....after all it was your choice to set the thing up...unless unbeknown to the rest of the world the brothers Mael invited you to do it.
As for not addressing me....what is it no-one allowed to answer for the site....bearing in mind..my reply is under the category of "unofficial"?
(Unless it gets an endorsement!!!...lol)
Ian Beach
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? Not so many big words please.
CALI
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What big words are them then??
SOLDAT
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just recived a mail from republicmedia.

anyone else?
CALI
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also Soldat. Mine is regarding the new merchandise for the new album. I had one regarding the street team weeks ago.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CALI wrote:
Mine is regarding the new merchandise for the new album.
Merchandise for the new album??...Could do worse than looking at the thread about just that subject....I still think the collapsible sunshades for car interiors would be a seller(even for those without cars...you can stick one in your bedroom window).
CALI
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republic Media want some ideas on what type of merchandise to produce and they have asked me to put my thinking cap on. I am still pondering on the possibility of those pens ;-)
SteveBoyce
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the sparks ipod nano pre-loaded with all 20 albums

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, but expensive (?!).....

but how useful for those unable to find all the albums easily.....but I guess it`s those old licensing problems again, trying to get all of them together at once.
Girl From Glastonbury
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about a CD/DVD wallet? Those of us who travel on public transport a lot would snap up a travel CD holder to keep all those Sparks albums in and it would be advertising to the general public. I'd also like a special wallet for my DVD collection too.

Back on the advertising front; I always refuse carrier bags in shops as one way of trying to save this ailing planet. Instead, I use a strong printed cotton tote bag for all my retail therapy. So, how about an environmentally friendly Sparks shopping bag emblazoned with the lads on one side, the new album name & cover on the other?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SPARKS Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: