SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Postingtrouble

View previous topic :: View next topic  
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Postingtrouble Reply with quote

Posting was again impossible... clock got weird once again. Is it the databas or the server or isthe forum being hacked or something?
It really starts to p** me off.

If i press F5 for a couple of times i see the time notation on this forum switching back and forth... something is definetely wrong. Logged on memeber appear and disappear aswell. Strange...

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble too...I really believe it is a hacking problem...not a server one...it would explain it's recent (and constant) occurrences.There are people who want this site to fail and have tried by various means to achieve this end...I can only suppose as technology increases..so do the weapons...and hopefully the defences...if it is a hacker problem...there will be ways of tracing the perpetrator(s) and hopefully they'll be named and shamed...after all they aren't fans in the true(or for that matter..ANY..)sense of the word!!!
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they'll sort it out fast. Unfortunately all software and operating systems seems to come with many bugs and security holes in them. I just hope the patch them up for this forum/database/server before things get worst.

Now i have the situation that when i've posted something: the time notated is one minute in the future. So my own post shows up as unread or new item i haven't read yet. And if i was to post something within one minute after that one i not allowed... warning sign comes up.

Maybe the clock is being hacked, i don't know, but maybe the database with all the post has become buggy. At least some parts of the system are out of sync, "that's for sure".

loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "clock" is seriously AWOL. Nothing makes sense in the current Time Continuum.. Is it day, is it night? Is it morning, is it light??
I posted this last year at 45:00 hrs GMT on the Plentieth of Grejember.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it only me having trouble tonight???I managed to post a couple of times then after that I was constantly being told..."You cannot make a post so soon..etc"...yet other people have managed to post(more than once) since then...yet oddly enough the times listed for their postings are "BEFORE" mine.
At first I thought the amount of people(19) on the posting rota thing was to blame...but it has never been a problem before(if it has...only recently).
Another odd thing I've noticed...everytime this problem arises I get one of my anti-virus thingys coming into play...coincidence????
I'm still hoping someone with the technical know-how will tell me that it is due to the actions of some reprobate poster,up to some no-good shennanigans.....just 'cos I'm paranoid,it doesn't mean I'm wrong!!!!....LOL
deadcalm
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things are Weird Tonight... Wont post properly etc
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having bother this afternoon...21 posters on...or at least looking in...but I got through eventually
Bryan Kelly Woodward
Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had trouble too...I really believe it is a hacking problem...not a server one...it would explain it's recent (and constant) occurrences.There are people who want this site to fail and have tried by various means to achieve this end...I can only suppose as technology increases..so do the weapons...and hopefully the defences...if it is a hacker problem...there will be ways of tracing the perpetrator(s) and hopefully they'll be named and shamed...after all they aren't fans in the true(or for that matter..ANY..)sense of the word!!!

by Alex....

Oh you will know it if this message board has been hacked....

About a mouth a ago...http://thetrailerpark.net/forum/index.php
Trailer Park Boys fans message board was hacked or cracked .....by a group of crackers called Lucifer.CRO....a very powerful hacking group...
They like to take over message boards, personal websites, and MSN groups...they are not very nice people....

How they cracked the Trailer Park message board...was by taking over the adman accounts....and use that account to close the board....that no one couldn't get in....anyway the adman who is second comand reopen the board...and he had to delect the other adman account...

The same hackers also attacked the CanAm (its a Canadian satellite company) message board too...

http://www.canamsatellites.com/phpBB2/

CanAm homepage...
http://www.canamsatellites.com/

Anyway...I this message board is not a target too....
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with hackers is that the often like to make themselfs known to have hacked something. Here i don't recall ever getting any such announcment. So it might just as well be an irritating bug on /in the server or database that's causing all this mayhem... oh well annoying effects. Or something is just not configured well, conflict between two settings or something like that.

rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I AM READY TO SCREAM !! I can't get logged in. After posting I just get returned to the "log in" screen again. So irritating.......wonder if this one will get through
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

E-Clect-Eddy wrote:
The thing with hackers is that the often like to make themselfs known to have hacked something. Here i don't recall ever getting any such announcment. So it might just as well be an irritating bug on /in the server or database that's causing all this mayhem... oh well annoying effects. Or something is just not configured well, conflict between two settings or something like that.
The other theory is that someone posting is using software which...may be defensive to them,but intrusive to others.
The reasons for using this software is(I am reliably assured) is to retain anonymity,for reasons best known to themselves...why anyone should wish to post as a made-up character(I'm not just talking about nick-names) and even use false websites or even "company" ones is beyond me...but happen it does!
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to get an official explanation from the webmaster or so.

That software might be to blame could be very plausible but sometimes it's just something simple like lack of knowledge or miscommunication.

Achoo
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This keeps popping up for me right now:

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
There is a problem with the CGI server. Please notify Member Support.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Open Tech Support All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: