SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The TV programme Big Brother is brainless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Big Brother is Brainless Nonsense
I agree it is Nonsense
84%
 84%  [ 11 ]
I love it and think it is very clever
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Eric Murray
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: The TV programme Big Brother is brainless Reply with quote

I asked the question last series but will ask again.

Do people like this actual brainless nonsense.

Eric
Eric Murray
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being forced to keep the peace and watch the crap tonite I have noticed that either Dr Who or Startrek are in on this.

Now I know why David OLeary was sacked and where he went.

Tim = OLeary 20 yeras ago. Or not??? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy Bremner yas bas.

Eric
STEViE
Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to reality TV, you can't beat the Osbournes

Can't imagine the Maels though

8) STEVE
lost in space
Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea though - how about using ron and Russel as charecters for the sims - Ron would kick Deaths butt!
STEViE
Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have got 2 similar looking dudes in my version of the sims

Made up from the original game.

8) STEVE
lost in space
Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet virtual Ron and Russell get their new album finished and in the record stores sooner than our friends in California. Some of the Sparks tracks would make a cool soundtrack to run within the game, you could even have them interacting with charecters from the songs - Mickey Mouse, Modesty Baise, Sherlock Holmes and so forth. Hey the more I think about it the better it would get. Quin ought to set up a little part of the SparksOfficialWebsite so the fans can determine the lives of thevirtual Ron and Russ.
Bryan Woodward
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know Eric about big brother. I quit watching television about a mouth ago, and told the cable company to cut the damn cable off because I never watch it. If they start putting good program that dosen't insult my intelligence, I would reconsider hook it up again. Right now, I do a lot of reading and listen a lot talk shows on the short wave radio and also on the internet. I have better things to do
than watch T.V.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Janina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think this poll is as brainless as Big Brother is!
Anyone who's on here will say that BB is brainless because all people on here have a lot of interests and need no TV programme letting them see how people live together in a house in reality....
Bryan Woodward
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is very true Janina.
I never understand those show like Survivor, Big Brother, or M.T.V house. If you get a bunch of stranger in one small room with T.V camas all around, and tell them to get along together like one happy family. To me, that will never work, and you will see a lot people killing each others for no reasoned at all. Then you have vote some those people off the show. Well that not very nice and you will not make any friends that way.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JUDE TURPIN
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved CBB and wish it would come back. What`s not to love about watching celebrities argue and bicker over the shopping budget? George Galloway v Michael Barrymore, drunk Mini Me crashing into the door, Gary Busey making honking goose noises, people thinking David Gest had popped his clogs, brilliant entertainment.
Kermit!
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all with you Jude. I love Big Brother & CBB. I'm sad that it's gone from our screens because it could evolve again given the chance. I've watched every single episode from the beginning to end. I think it's been a very good learning tool for millions of viewers, especially the younger ones. It shows that how you behave has consequences. In today's modern thinking society we've wised up to inequality eventually. Racism, sexism & homophobic behaviour are rightly not acceptable anymore & if you are an idiot you will be thrown out of the house to deal with the outside world. Violence, control issues, unacceptable behaviour or just disobeying BB will also see you out the back door immediately.
I do think however that in the middle years there was a lot of voting manipulation to keep the bad ones in for entertainment that was letting the show down. I think that lost a lot of viewers but the last few series have been totally not about that and were very enjoyable.
You will hear the moans from usually those that can't stand being told how to behave appropriately for once in their life & really are quite happily being racist, sexist, homophobic & angry about everyone else but themselves. Thankfully I think they are a dying breed as much as there are even more haters out there these days....(I hope you 'guys' walking in a straight line out there know who I'm talking about. They usually start wars, will rape & pillage if given the opportunity & are not so good looking if you need another clue).....I'm not dissing all of them, it's just the ones that fit in those categories....usually...

The Future! The Future!
Kermit!
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryan Woodward wrote:
That is very true Janina.
I never understand those show like Survivor, Big Brother, or M.T.V house. If you get a bunch of stranger in one small room with T.V camas all around, and tell them to get along together like one happy family. To me, that will never work, and you will see a lot people killing each others for no reasoned at all. Then you have vote some those people off the show. Well that not very nice and you will not make any friends that way.

Bryan, if you are still a member of this forum I really hope you've grown up at last now & have learnt how to spell & write properly. Your last post wasn't showing that unfortunately although I do know it was meant with all the best intentions.
I hope you've also learnt that it's actually not acceptable to 'Kill' another person for any reason either. Whether on telly, not on telly, anywhere...never...ever...ever!!! Peace & making friends are always much nicer & more fun than war & aggravation aren't they?

The Future! The Future!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> General Sparks Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: