SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scary Sparks Fans 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would your partners/children/friends prefer rabid dogs to listening to Sparks?
Yes
37%
 37%  [ 12 ]
No
62%
 62%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 32

mampam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Scary Sparks Fans 2 Reply with quote

I found this site three years ago, mumbled a bit, ran away and never came back. Fear of potential communication with other Sparks fans was excrutiating after over 30 years of being ridiculed by all and sundry whenever the subject arose. Then yesterday I fell out of a tree whilst stalking a lizard and the ensuing pain and insomnia somehow resulted in me coming back here. I was very surprised to see that half the respondents to my 2003 poll (http://www.allsparks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=849)
claimed that they would have met other Sparks fans without the benefit of internet machinery. Liars, I thought. Then I read that they were playing in Salford in February, bought two tickets on impulse and then realised how it was possible that Sparks fans could meet each other. It could never happen by accident and the only conditions that would make such a meeting probable are a live performance of said band. I called my girlfriend to tell her the good news and she said "You must be joking they are crap. I would rather spend the day with rabid dogs, and that is how I plan to spend 15 Feb so must decline your invitation" (I am not making this up honest). So the point of this nervous blethering might be that people either hate this band so much they would prefer to risk hydrophobia than listen to them or like them so much they don't mind being despised and pitied by the rest of humanity. As for the unwanted ticket, instead I will take my 14 yr old daughter. She doesn't know and I will not tell her until escape is impossible. I have had to sit through some truly dreadful concerts over the last five years so it's the least she can do. So if you are going to the gig in Salford and see a young lady who doesn't seem to be enjoying herself, please smile in a conspiratorial manner, wag a finger and mouth the words "Goldy Looking Chain". She will know what you mean....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don`t think I know anyone that hates them, some people are a little wary as they have had it rammed down their throats at some point in the past, but usually people always like a few tracks here and there.

A friend of mine actually got a few albums and 12"s (used vinyls) after hearing some of their stuff from me....it was No. 1 that persuaded him.

I suppose they`ve done that much stuff, there`s something for everyone amongst the albums.
mampam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your part of NW UK must be much more open-minded than my part of it.......
CALI
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would recognise us all right. GfG is the beautiful brunette and I am the gorgeous blonde. You couldn't fail to miss us. Not only that, we will be wearing bunny ears :-)
Roger Ramjet
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh for some reason my friend doesnt like Sparks. But he doesnt like anything i like, simply out of principle. But he has bad music taste anyway.

Edit: I do have more than 1 friend. The others like Sparks :)
mampam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody I know likes them and I have been living in this place all my life and so can claim to know almost the entire population. It's true that some people claim to like the occasional song and show an interest in hearing more, but play them an album and they rarely last two songs, never more than four. I suppose you either love them so much you can overlisten the unlistenable songs or hate them so much you would rather be chasing rabid dogs through the plains of Africa...
Sparksswede
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iīm really lucky,I found a friend here at my work about a year ago and introduced him to Sparksmusic at a party in March 2005.
He said he had never heard of Sparks before (heīs only 21 years young now).
He didnīt get the chance to hear so much at the party because some of the others talked alot and didnīt want to hear so much Sparks it seemed even though some tend to like atleast some tunes (I think).

About a few days later I played some Sparks for him at work and he really liked it but wanted to hear more so he got some discs with only sparks on and listened to it at his home and really got in to it more and more.
He borrowed my Sparks dvd "LilīBeethoven" and LIVE from London and really liked especially the "LilīBeethoven" dvd.

Now heīs a BIG Sparksfan and know many lyrics.
We use to listen to Sparks at his place and sometimes sing along with Russell.
We also have fun doing other things.
He lives with some people and sometimes they have to listen to Sparks and I think they like atleast some tunes a little but they are not Sparksfans as I know.

He and I will travel to see and hear Sparks February 23+24 in Stockholm.
Itīs his first Sparks LIVE experience and my 5:th and 6:th (all at the same place,Södra Teatern in Stockholm).
I think itīll be faboulus,FANTASTIC.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have missed it Mampam,but will you be at any concerts,obviously we will recognise you if you are wearing the "bat" T-shirt,but if you aren't wearing that...we will surely know you by the girl chasing rabid hounds down the High Street,who will be ignoring you in favour of said canines in a decidedly marked manner!!

BTW...On another subject,can anyone tell me...what is deja vu of deja vu of deja vu called????

Just editing this...Reading Mampam's post in more detail,which means actually reading it(well bits of it) and not just scanning it.I see he has answered all the questions I put to him.He WILL be at the Salford show....and his hydrophobic dog loving partner will be there (enjoying herself despite the token show of reluctance)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s called psychic
mampam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although there are still some rough bits of Salford I don't think there has been any rabies there for a while. The rabid dogs are in Tanzania. I didn't hear about the concert until this week and there were only a couple of adjacent seats left. So I bought two, called my girlfriend to tell her the good news and she said "they are crap.. etc". So I am going to take my daughter instead. To be on the safe side I haven't told her exactly what we are going to see, just that it is a surprise and she will have never seen anything like it......
mampam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was amused by a review of the new CD which claimed that the Sparks fanbase was "rabid"..........
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, aren't we?!
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought they meant RABBIT fanbase

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy
perdita
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ex thinks Sparks are good (although he thinks my other musical tastes are crap but then he is a music fascist!) and my daughters were brought up listening to them; in fact, my eldest loves them now almost as much as I do and came to see them in Manchester with me.
Tj Sundown
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Anti-Sparks Reply with quote

I have also had a lot of grief on other sites about my love of Sparks.

Many people seem to think they only had one song!

They drive me NUTS

Joy
Joy
SparksMarie
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister complained to me about her cat being so scared, when she listened to Here Kitty...her cat had even hid behind the cupboard, what a silly cat Since then I haven't been able to convince my sister that Hello Young Lovers is a great album, but I will persevere
ladystardust
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really scary Sparksfans...

Stu (simpledumbpilot)
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that you in the middle Lady Stardust? Theres a striking resembelance to Arabella Weir there.
Roger Ramjet
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, wouldnt it be great if that guy actually had Rons face on his chest, like in Total Recall !!
ladystardust
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stu (simpledumbpilot) wrote:
Is that you in the middle Lady Stardust? Theres a striking resembelance to Arabella Weir there.

that's me ,my husband and my daughter's boyfriend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Polls All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: