SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many years have you been listening to Sparks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  

So how many years
Up to 1 year now
6%
 6%  [ 8 ]
1-3 years
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
3-5 years
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
5-10 years
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
10-15 years
9%
 9%  [ 11 ]
15-20 years
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
20-25 years
5%
 5%  [ 7 ]
25-30 years
13%
 13%  [ 16 ]
30 years and beyond
50%
 50%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 120

Eve
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaws wrote:
Under a year, Wraith introduced me to the dvd he had of sparks a while ago and i've loved them ever since :D.I feel like I've been born since 1970s now but I am only 14 lol!

ah the next generation
loz
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young generation do not have such pretty faces as you do in your Avatar. LOL! ;)
straightlookingenie
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta bring this one back up top...

Like a lot of people my age (ahem!) I first heard of Sparks via "Cool Places." My mom's boyfriend gave me a promo single for "I Wish I Looked a Little Better" and I thought they were really cool but knew of no one else who had heard of them or liked them. So I didn't get more into them until the 90s when I got Kimono and Indiscreet from a record convention and then later bought the Profile CD.

I have said for years that if I had only known more of their songs as a kid and had more exposure I know I would have been a huge fan. Their clever lyrics and unique musical styles are precisely the things that got me obsessed with music as a child.

I would always talk about them, put songs on mixes, enjoy reading interviews with them, etc., but it wasn't until I got HYL and then started finding videos on YouTube this year that a whole new world of fandom opened up! Seeing them perform and do their thing really brings a new level of excitement to my fandom. I've never seen them live because it seems it's always a case of wrong place/wrong time. Ah well!
Raoul
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was only 13,heard them on Veronica radio with This town,fully astonished of this new sound! Mysterious people that got deep into my life,fully influenced very asad as they split upafter Indiscreet,shocked when they got into Discomoroder,neglected them for15 years(or almost neglected them for i used to play their first 2 albums of their dark age,utter love).One moment looked in shops ,found their first 4albums on cd,got aware of them still making music founf out they had lots more cd's made some trash(er....not so good)some good.Began to like their discapes on Moroder in 2003!Got to understand wat I've been missing for all these Years,Gratu sax,Balls ,Dvd,Lil'Beethoven,becoming deadly ill,one year exactly later;HELLO YOUNG LOVERS ;FIRST GIG SEEN OF THEM EVER!my life has still reason,today I'm46 and my kids like Sparks too!(or at least they like how I like'm)Thanks Ron and Russel for being there! MiniPop
maelstrom
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the grand age of 45 and not ashamed of it. Fan 32 years! Since May 1974 like Tony March. Seen Sparks twice in Leeds have you? Lucky son.....! Always good to see Leeds folk on here :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Polls All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: