SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August UK Date

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDemotime
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:30 am    Post subject: August UK Date Reply with quote

please see new page on allsparks.com for details of Sparks' headline show at the Big Chill Festival on August 5 and peformance at thw Wickham Festival on August 4
ladystardust
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for all you people who'll see Sparks again, but feeling a little bit for us at the moment. I'm sure we'll have some good news of our own sometime soon, won't we?
Kermit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic News! That will be a brilliant show. The festivals are the way to go but I do think it's a bit strange to be playing at the Big Chill when Sparks music is more geared to the rock audiences of the other festivals. What will the chilled out campers sipping on their red wine and nibbly bits make of "Dick Around" or "Rock Rock Rock" when they are wanting to be lulling around in Lemon Jelly bliss? Bit of a contradiction going on there methinks. I hope this will mean that Sparks will be getting on other stages during the festival season if they are going to be here in the UK in the summer.

The quote :
"Incredibly this will be Sparks’ first outdoor festival - “Playing a festival will be a new experience for us but it is one we are looking forward to. It will be great to put on our show in this outdoor location and for an audience who may not have seen us play before.” said Russell Mael "

Yes it will be a new audience but it's not the first one. I saw Sparks play outdoors at a London Gay Pride Festival in the mid 90's and what about the outdoor New York performance of LB or does that not count? Anyway, I'm not complaining just getting the facts right.

I sincerely hope some other stages are being looked at as well though to get to the right audiences but in the meantime I will definately be getting down to the tent shop so I can be Big Chilling with the rest of 'em!!
Brightonian
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile End Stadium ... supporting Blur ... wasn't that outdoor too?
DK
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, but do we know if the Fareham gig is the only place where Sparks will be performing Hello Young Lovers in its entirety this summer?
david uk
Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure if I can afford the trek :-(
lost in space
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david uk wrote:
not sure if I can afford the trek :-(

I'm positive I cannot afford the ticket price for the big chill £120.00 each if I read correctly - ok so its the price for the weekend but for that money I could do my whole 2006 gig attendance (and that would include the PAIR of chilli peppers tickets for me and the good lady of the house) the £22 or so at the other shin dig souunds much more reasonable so I think they should get a good crowd!
and maybe thats the problem!
lost in space
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yes it will be a new audience but it's not the first one. I saw Sparks play outdoors at a London Gay Pride Festival in the mid 90's and what about the outdoor New York performance of LB or does that not count? Anyway, I'm not complaining just getting the facts right.

for the record - I seem to remember reading in one of the old Fan newsletters about Sparks doing an outdoor gig in Holland in the summer preceeding the Plagirism (I'm sure thats not spelled rite, but its too late at nite to be arsed to get up and go into the other room to check on the cd) tour and Cd release.
and maybe thats the problem!
Michiel Paets
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparks played Parkpop in '95 (just a year before I became a fan, which itself was 10 years before their next gig in Holland.)
LordFreddie
Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish they'd do the Royal Festival Hall again so's I can take my nephew along... :(
josie
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish theyd come nearer to us northerners, Scunthorpe would be nice (yes i live there LOL), but Birmingham or Sheffield would be equally great, ive never seen them live as i cant travel that far
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: