SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPARKS STATEMENT

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Ron and Russell make an official statement over the DVD debacle?
YES
39%
 39%  [ 9 ]
NO
60%
 60%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 23

terry welch
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: SPARKS STATEMENT Reply with quote

This poll is a simple choice between YES or NO, on the question of whether Sparks should, in the wake of the new DVD release fiasco and the fact it would appear to have been put back yet again to the end of November, make a statement to their loyal fans.

terry welch wrote:
It's certainly tough being a Sparks fan! But this is beyond a joke now.

There needs to be an official explanation, from either Liberation, Sparks management or... although R&R never post here, Maybe its time for some word from them.

This is an unprecedented an unacceptable situation. Some of you out there will no doubt defend R&R, saying it has nothing do do with them. It most probably doesn't. But the fans can and should reasonably ask for a staement at least from them, if only to apologise and let us know why this has turned into such a farce.

How about it Ron, Russ? speak to us please...

I believe any other fan forum that has put up with this kind of treatment, would reasonably expect a statement from their band or artist.

After all it will be us that will by buying, therefore supporting the sales of the DVD. (ensuring R&R get paid royalties)

This has gone far enough and Russell's light hearted statement of it being tough as a Sparks fan and releases being sporadic, irratic and other ...tics, is wearing a bit thin. We need a response from the top. From the TWO people to whom we admire and respect the most and that this site is all about....

Physicality
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think they need to make an official announcement.
It would be just nice to have some information from the site now and again.
TommyGun
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think R&R are just as disappointed as we are so I wouldnt need apologises by them
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think R & R need to give an official statement really. I know it is disappointing but I am sure there must be a very good and valid reason for the delay. I am sure it is not being done deliberately. It's ready when its ready.
terry welch
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyGun...

No one is asking, least of all myself and this poll, for an apology from R&R.
It's about communication. I believe you have may have mis-read the question!
TommyGun
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe yeah you seemed to be angry on the band(might be the fault of my non-perfect english, sorry)

I was a member in the Damned-board a while ago there was the same problem, a Dvd was about to be released and was delayed again and again.

After a while their drummer posted that the band werent informed about reasons for the delays, they werent even informed that these delayes happened.
Sure a statement like that from the band would be a nice thing but I dont think its neccesary.
That wouldnt shorten the time for us to wait either.
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undecided

A statement would be nice but what point would it serve? Delays seem to be something every band has to deal with. Kosheens tour which should have coincided with the UK-release of the album was on but not the album. Eventhough the new album was available thru Germany!! The album had already been delayed by more than a year But there is/was an upside: a second UK-tour will start soon, now the album has been released.

As long as something is released i suppose we'll have to wait. I would be something different if stuff was ordered and the release was not happening at all and folks would not get refunds. This does not seem to be the case.

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy
terry welch
Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, E-Clect-Eddy..you ask:

Quote:
A statement would be nice but what point would it serve?

Call me Ol'fashioned, but I believe it would serve to re-assure the fans, from the artists (whose website this is after all), that they sympathise with them, and although it's not of their doing and out of their hands, they are at least aware of the situation.

That would be a nice gesture, wouldn't it? What a concept! Artists communicating to loyal fans via a dedicated OFFICIAL website that they own and has all then facilities within it. i.e forum, contact, news page, and chat room.

It's not rocket science after all, is it?
TommyGun
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's all ready to go and will be released shortly on all the online shops and record shops. Fear not, it's mere weeks away.
all the best from Sparks

Ron Playing
Thats what they replied after I send a myspace message to them.

I think thats very nice not every artist does even answer to such messages.
By the way, amazon and play.com have still 1.10. as the releasedate
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: SPARKS STATEMENT Reply with quote

terry welch wrote:
This poll is a simple choice between YES or NO, on the question of whether Sparks should make a statement to their loyal fans
As I've decided to abstain from voting...I hope it doesn't preclude me from throwing my tuppence worth into the fray.

Yes...a statement would be nice...but going by the results of the poll (so far)at approx. 2 to 1 for the "NO" camp,it would seem that the loyal fans aren't overly fussed about an official statement.
If the vox populi says no then there's no point in pursuing the matter further..imo

terry welch wrote:
Russell's light hearted statement of it being tough as a Sparks fan.....
Nothing to do with the subject in hand...but how long ago is it now since Russell used this quip...because I'll bet it's haunted him ever since..lol
Deano
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have voted a big fat NO. As the previous poster says the No votes are so far outweighing the Yes.If this continues to be the case then job done.
lilywearsmoschino
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's all ready to go and will be released shortly on all the online shops and record shops. Fear not, it's mere weeks away.
all the best from Sparks

That's good enough for me
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

210 reads 11 replies, well you can lead a horse to water....., i dont really want a reply from the the boys, but from mr .d , the point im trying to make is/was the official fan club news section need to be more in touch with the fans, r and r i know have nothing to do with delays, but a better form of communication should be used....some news is better than none, even a daft person knows this, unless the are completey stupid !!!!
Stephen
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good things come to those who wait..patiently...
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

checking back on old post the dvd was 1st advertised via many .com sources for march then april , may ,june ,july and then oct 1st, to which the goal post is now november 26th,,,,, for 2 months now we have seen the dvd cover artwork by checking all sites... and all this was from .com sources, not the fan club which goes under the title of official, like i said earlier many people do not like to rock the boat, and the purpose of the thread was basically under the thread of communication, which so far only terry welch and 4 other agree, as an official fan club, it would be for the moderators as a polite gesture to bring all fans up to date and even if there is a delay re many reasons (out of the maels hands) share with us news......after all we are supporters of the band.....and have only sparks interest at heart!!!!!!!!.
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re : patience....all good things come to those who wait, believe ,
me ive had 34 years of practice, when it comes to sparks lol
Aled
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bryan_davey wrote:
re : patience....all good things come to those who wait, believe ,
me ive had 34 years of practice, when it comes to sparks lol

In that case one more delay should make no difference, patience is a virtue!!

I don't mind the wait, we all know the quality of the DVD will make up for it, and Introducing is being released on CD soon, so there's plenty to look forward to
bryan_davey
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last night i wrote to sparks on myspace and asked the question...when is the london forum dvd available as i only saw you in bristol last year, and the waits tooooo long...this IS the reply
RE: new london forum dvd
Body: The DVD is completed, so we are awaiting the official release date which looks to be November. But check on the website: allsparks.com for the latest when the date is finalised.
All the best from Sparks
...so there you have it.........!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Polls All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: