SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21X21 fan reviews...12)In Outer Space
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparks Moderator UK
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: 21X21 fan reviews...12)In Outer Space Reply with quote

12th concert
Sparks Moderator UK
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

31st May
MarkRae
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Jonathan Ross Reply with quote

Jonathan Ross once again gave 21x21 a huge plug on his lunchtime Radio 2 show today, urging everyone to go along to the In Outer Space gig tonight.

He mentioned how much he'd enjoyed the Kimono My House gig and that he was really looking forward to the Li'l Beethoven gig, after which he played I Married Myself.

Much respect.
sparksfanlm
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooo excited about tonight's show. This is my fav album of the 80s, it's full of classic pop gems. "Rockin' Girls" is an awesome song, beautifully sang by Russell and "All You Ever Think About Is Sex" just makes me laugh ever time I hear it, it's just ace. Ron Playing
Bobby Muir
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron - no specs. Did he have the laser eye surgery done this afternoon? From only £395 per eye? Yeah right they quoted me £2,600!!
Orange
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argghh! Webcam froze before they even came on! Looks like I'm going to miss the whole thing The streaming has been so good up until now too. Has anyone else had this trouble tonight?

One question - who's singing the duets?
RODDON
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in orbit.

Had been really looking forward to tonight - have always loved this album. Quarter of a century old - wish I was!! What a great live opener Cool Places makes. Popularity kept things bouncing along in fine style, as did the next three with All You Ever Think About Is Sex outstanding and complete with Tab can effect. Then it came - the one I had been waiting for - Rockin' Girls; too good for words. The evening continued with superb party-feel renditions of the rest of the album, although has to be said Lucky Me, Lucky You only really works as a duet (but still sounded great - don't want to be too picky). Sports sounded good live too!!

What a magic moment the custard pie was

Russell, I want those trousers, and Ron you were, er....well....Ron

This was a cool place to be tonight.

Last edited by RODDON on Sat May 31, 2008 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orange wrote:
Argghh! Webcam froze before they even came on! Looks like I'm going to miss the whole thing The streaming has been so good up until now too. Has anyone else had this trouble tonight?

One question - who's singing the duets?

Mine froze too, (Must be a Welsh thing) but sprung to life again after persevering for about 5 minutes. Russel introduced lots of people toward the end of the show, assume it's one of them doing the duet bits.
Raoul
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great extra bonus,could just see it before the stream stopped ,doing an encore of a cover just the thing I like!The picture is getting better ! About Outer Space:love All you ever think about......and Dance Goddammit!!!!Russell really in shape,nice preview!!!Goofing off as an encore in Shepherds Bush is certain,GREAT .
sparksfanlm
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had a bit of trouble too. It froze during "Rocking Girls".... my favourite , but starting working fine after that. It was a really fun gig, poor Ron getting a cream pie in the face . Yey, they did Sports, but I guess that was the obvious choice for the obscure B-side, lol.

Last edited by sparksfanlm on Sat May 31, 2008 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Orange
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy wrote:
Mine froze too, (Must be a Welsh thing)

Haha! probably...

After posting that I did manage to get a connection - caught the very end of Dance Goddamit. Was worth seeing that little bit just for the custard pie! lol poor Ron!

So I gather no-one was doing the duets then?
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my favourite album by a long shot but what a gig! It was just great!!!! Loved Sports and CREAM PIE!!!!
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extra bonus?? I heard Ron say something like this with his face all under the whipped cream, but then the cam froze...it still is frozen. Too bad.
I liked the show tonight, highlights: Lucky me, lucky you (high and low, smart solution), and All you ever think about...hilarious lyrics. I am not so much of an '80's fan, not my musical decade, but if it's Sparks, well...it's Sparks. Russell was so glad with the WELL deserved reception, so cute.
I will surely miss the event when it's over , I will probably come down with some kind of cold turkey after june 13th!
THANXX AGAIN GUYS!
rileyrempel
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious – did anyone happen to notice a big pie in the parking lot? Anyway, I’m writing this as I’m watching the stream…saw some comments about the sound/Ron’s keyboards from yesterday’s concert, but the sound has improved a lot over the past couple shows as far as I’m concerned. No trouble hearing Ron, and I’m in Canada so that’s pretty far away, eh. Ha ha ha.
From what I’ve seen so far, the drums are sounding a lot better – I hadn’t realized how over-processed they were on the album until now.
Some confusion during Rockin Girls (guess that’s the crappy thing about using sequencers with a band), but they’re bouncing back right now with Wish I Looked…Ron’s keyboard in this song reminds me of Sports. Damn, I hope that’s the encore tonight.
Sounding great so far – too transfixed to type.
Here comes Dance Goddammit – I have a prediction that this will be the best song of the show. Yep, it is. For me, anyway. Better than the album version – Russell is such a ham.
AGGHHH! Oh yeah! It is Sports! OK, I changed my mind – this was my favorite song of the show. Everyone in the band was just spot on.
Agh! What happened with the pie? The stream just cut out. Ha ha ha – I was waiting for that one!
I was having some trouble with the stream at the beginning too, but then I re-launched the page in Firefox and it worked better. Russell did the duets by himself – did a damn fine job too.
kev hook
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky Us, Lucky Us..........

DANCE GODDAMIT.........!!!! GODAMMIT !!!

Great sound again tonight too....

rileyrempel wrote:
From what I’ve seen so far, the drums are sounding a lot better – I hadn’t realized how over-processed they were on the album until now..

Steven has sampled the drum sounds from the original multitrack masters and is triggering them from his on-stage kit..........

http://www.myspace.com/alphamael
MarkRae
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev hook wrote:
Steven has sampled the drum sounds from the original multitrack masters and is triggering them from his on-stage kit..........

I believe that the only time he has done that was the Syndrums on N1IH...
kev hook
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkRae wrote:
kev hook wrote:

I believe that the only time he has done that was the Syndrums on N1IH...

From the horses mouth....

"I have sampled a lot of the original sounds from the records off the original tapes......"

MarkRae
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just back home.

Another good show. Not one of my favourites by a long chalk, but it was still a good show. Loads of mistakes tonight, though...

When I got there at about 20:30, the cloakroom wasn't even open because, to quote the bouncer on the door, nobody had turned up. He said that they'd sold over 200 tickets, but only 50 people were actually in the venue. When I got inside the place was pretty much deserted, so I managed to get front row for the first time. Then, as if by magic, the place filled up. Looks like people have cottoned onto the idea that there's very little point in getting there before 20:55...

Highlights for me were Praying for a Party and I Wish I Looked A Little Better.

Really looking forward to tomorrow, as PROOAH is a "special" album for me... Ron Playing
kev hook
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkRae wrote:
there's very little point in getting there before 20:55...

Unless of course its Tuesday when the awesome AUTONS are representing the 'A Rainbow Over the Freeway' project.

MiniPop

Robin Davies
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! A fab show (apart from the mic failure at the start). No problem with Ron's keyboards tonight. They came through loud and clear and it made a huge difference. Wonderful encore too. Looks like the sound quality is alternating between shows: Terminal bad, Whomp good, Angst bad, Outer Space good.
The pie at the end was a nice touch. Does this mean Ron will retaliate by manipulating Russell like a glove puppet in the next show?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: