SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch The Live Spectacular Live Online
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oscar
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So there IS going to be webcast of the Exotic Creatures show, right? It's listed on the cdpulse page, but I just wanted to make sure, seeing how it's a different venue.
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainerx wrote:
For me (Weymouth) it worked perfectly yesterday! Call BT and tell them of your problem. I think because the quality of justin.tv is inferior to cdpulse.com there's not so much data to transfer. Justin.tv needs the full broadband power.

Maybe, but I don't have a problem when I'm streaming the BBC iPlayer.
I have TalkTalk broadband and line rental.
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still having trouble with the streaming. Each concert starts off OK and just about gets through the first song but then freezes every few seconds thereafter. It's as if some buffer has filled up and it won't work again until it's been emptied!

I have found a something which seems to do this:

Start
Settings
Control Panel
Network Connections
Select your active internet connection eg. LAN/High-Speed Internet
Select Support Tab

Keep this open next to the Sparks stream in your browser.
Every time the stream freezes, click the Repair button.
I had to do this about every 10 seconds, so it's a bit tedious, but it did make the stream continue for a bit. It briefly tells you what it's doing.

If anybody knows why this works or can deduce any settings I need to change, I would appreciate knowing, although I'm actually going to the remaining shows, so it's academic now.

I have TalkTalk 2MB broadband. The BBC iPlayer stream works fine, although I realise that is not 'live' in the same way as CDpulse.

Steve
My Name is David

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: WHY IS STREAM NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO WATCH? Reply with quote

i EXPECTED WHEN I flew back home, I could enjoy the streams on archive, but theyv'e disappeared...another Lucy wiggington screwup?
TommyGun
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: WHY IS STREAM NO LONGER AVAILABLE TO WATCH? Reply with quote

My Name is David wrote:
i EXPECTED WHEN I flew back home, I could enjoy the streams on archive, but theyv'e disappeared...another Lucy wiggington screwup?

they were only available LIVE, no archived shows are watchable..
but check out the music-board there you can find the audio of all concerts and some videos, ripped from the livestream.
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an odd angry posting...the webcasts were,as far as I can tell never intended to be a permanent feature.It was a freebie to be enjoyed at the time...I must've missed the meeting where any of Sparks management said the webcasts were there forever.Why not just use You-tube like the rest of us?
My Name is David

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: The Youtube videos are being removed-rightly so. Reply with quote

Copyright violations. Theft of intellectual property,

Regarding other...yes it was a nice courtesy to have the webcast. Usually, this type of thing, once it's made authorized and available to the public, it is reasonable to assume it will be there, for awhile. If I didn't see the part where it said it would remain online only for a limited time...then I apologize for being a complainer...otherwise it is just more surprises and siappointments from Lw and SH.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say this and no more as the whole thing will develop into a tit for tat situation..
The clue is in the title..."watch LIVE online"...not "watch whenever it suits for ever and ever amen..."
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Youtube videos are being removed-rightly so. Reply with quote

My Name is David wrote:
it was a nice courtesy to have the webcast. Usually, this type of thing, once it's made authorized and available to the public, it is reasonable to assume it will be there, for awhile. If I didn't see the part where it said it would remain online only for a limited time...then I apologize for being a complainer.

I'm with Alex on this one. Why is it reasonable to assume it will be there for a while, when the original email said :

Quote:
To Watch The Sparks Spectacular Live Online go to:
http://www.cdpulse.com/venue/page/Carling+Academy+Islington>

You didn't see the part where it said it would remain online only for a limited time, because it never mentioned it all. It only said you could watch it live online. So sorry if that's confusing for you!
PETER RAWCLIFFE
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AND TO THINK PEOPLE ARE STARVING IN AFRICAN COUNTRIES,NOW THEY DO HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Official Announcements All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: