SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21X21 fan reviews...5)Indiscreet
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kermit

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough! I can't come back on any of that. I guess we are all enjoying it at our own levels. I look forward to meeting you then at the Eddie sometime then for a proper chinwag!
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Kermit review was absolutely priceless! The bit about the album of innuendos had me rolling about laughing in the internet cafe. Its great to see such a classic album being given its context too.

Sure there were some rather obvious hitches during this ambitious performance, others have described with an incisive honesty which doesn't demean the noble efforts of R&R. We're not really used to gaffs given the Mael's consistent standards of lofty perfection. And, since the beginning the duo have been cunning in procuring the most talented musicians to accompany them. On Wednesday, this was clearly the case as we were definitely spoiled by the superb Philippe Tasquin's string quintet opening the show as support act. "Under the table with her" was a taster of how great the Indiscreet classics really sound. The whole set was aimed to present the quality of music worthy of a touring musical or stadium rock gigs. Such events have the luxury of weeks and weeks of rehearsal time, unrealistic for this one-off to realise its full potential. The guys are clearly trying to give us the very best by presenting the music with all the frills faithfully to the original vinyl masterpiece. Of course, the gusto reaction of the crowd on the night acknowledged this.

Appreciating the efforts of all who are able to record the event with a damn sight more detail and technical flair than me!
Noisy Boy
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

allydodd wrote:
We're not really used to gaffs given the Mael's consistent standards of lofty perfection. And, since the beginning the duo have been cunning in procuring the most talented musicians to accompany them.

This is absolutely spot on. Before this run of gigs, the only time I'd seen Sparks was in 2006 for the Hello Young Lovers tour, which relied heavily on pre-recorded accompaniement (sequenced strings, that sort of thing). But seeing them without all that shows that they are capable of still-inspiring performances, even if it's not always perfect.

Magnifique!
hannu a peltoniemi
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: indescreet concert Reply with quote

great to hear "Get in the swing" live... used to be my favorite sparks song
in 70`s.... very fine and brilliant concert...
Thermaland
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The show has been reviewed in the Independent on Sunday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: