SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

21X21 fan reviews...11)Angst In My Pants
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin Davies
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkRae wrote:
Robin Davies wrote:
After the high of Whomp the sound was a let-down again. Ron's keyboards virtually inaudible until the encore.

Sounded great to me. Where were you standing...?

Roughly in the middle, about 6 rows back. Could you hear Ron's keyboards clearly? If so I'll stand where you were standing in future!
A few other people have agreed with me so I think it is still a problem. In fact it's making me quite angry that all the hard work that the band have put into this is being sabotaged by a sound crew who can't get their act together.
MarkRae
Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin Davies wrote:
Roughly in the middle, about 6 rows back.

Me too.

Robin Davies wrote:
Could you hear Ron's keyboards clearly?

Yes.
delramos

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: WHAT TIME DO THEY COME ON STAGE Reply with quote

Im off tonight (31st May) for my first concert of the run. What time do they come on stage.

I
Physicality
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT TIME DO THEY COME ON STAGE Reply with quote

delramos wrote:
Im off tonight (31st May) for my first concert of the run. What time do they come on stage.

I

9ish
Raoul
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev hook wrote:

Ill never be able to listen to these songs in the same light again - its like listening to a whole new batch of Sparks material. Theres so much energy and enthusiasm that just wasnt there for me before. Im speechless again, and just wishing Id been there tonight.

Kev ,you've got a great way to say it,totally agree on this
dafom
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since this is my unquestioned favorite Sparks album, I can't say the live performance overshadowed the studio versions that much for me. but it was a thrill to see these songs done on stage (even via streaming). There's definitely a level of sustained pep on Angst that's missing from some other albums.

Oh, and I'll admit, I'd be happy to go the rest of my life without hearing "Instant Weight Loss" again.

Not looking forward to Outer Space, but then again, Terminal Jive turned out all right, so we'll see. Actually, side 2 of Outer Space gets pretty fun, as I think about it.
E-Clect-Eddy
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much more i can add to comments about last nights show ther than it being FUN for me too. Minnie Mouse heard it for the first time ever and i have to hear it again to sy i like it. Only the second time i could not sing the words along to this one. Although some of the words of some of the lyrics have slipped my mind...mmmh must update soon.

I do think it was a great performance but i did like Whomp just a bit more cos i just seemed to rock a little more. But i guess that was due to Angst having a slower feel to it than Whomp.

I love tonights album, last one this weekend here in London

www.last.fm/user/E-Clect-Eddy
Robin Davies
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkRae wrote:

Robin Davies wrote:

Yes.

Astonishing. I supppose it's possible my high-end hearing is going with age but I don't believe that's the case because I can hear a huge difference between some shows and others.
Andy Whelan
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin Davies wrote:
MarkRae wrote:

Robin Davies wrote:

Yes.

Astonishing. I supppose it's possible my high-end hearing is going with age but I don't believe that's the case because I can hear a huge difference between some shows and others.

I agree entirely, and this was reinforced by the sound at the In Outer Space show, which was so much better.

I'm trying not to let it detract from the overall enjoyment of the gigs, though, and especially with this one as Russell was clearly having a great time on this particular evening. The highlight for me was Tarzan And Jane, on which the sound seemed to be better for some reason...

What was also interesting for me was how much more 80s-sounding Minnie Mouse was compared to the album itself!

And I liked Ron's self-deprecatory comment that he wrote about what he knew about, ie moustaches and Mickey Mouse!
ballesteros

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: ron synth ??? Reply with quote

the show was great but cant understand why ron's synth volumne was so low!!!!

specially in songs like 'instant weight loss' and 'sherlock holmes' where the synth is the most important instrument, the low volume made them really dissapointing
Tj Sundown
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: The Decline and Fall of Who? Reply with quote

Second row centre stage. Same place for all three amazing gigs of the week-end. These LA albums confirmed Sparks as my favourite band of all time back in the 80's and they still are.

It's the Rise and Rise of Russell!

Joy
Joy
PETER RAWCLIFFE
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE THIS ALBUM,PLAYED IT LAST NIGHT AND IT BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES OF THE GIG AT 21/21,TRACKS LIKE ANGST,EATEN BY THE MONSTER AND MOUSTACHE ARE GREAT AND WENT DOWN WELL ON THE NIGHT,AS DID THE WHOLE ALBUM I THINK,UNDERATED I BELIEVE THIS ALBUM WILL BE REMEMBERED.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: