SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets do something nice Friday!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iloverussell
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Lets do something nice Friday! Reply with quote

Hey guys, a couple of us down in Islington were having a chat last night and we were thinking, wouldn't it be great if everyone in the audience did something wonderful to say thanks to R&R +band on Friday...

Only one idea as of yet, we all throw flowers at the end!

Any ideas? Anyone up for it? Maybe a GIANT banner saying thanks. We could all sign it friday before the gig and give it to them..?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flowers probably aren't practical as they'd get squashed if we had to wait until the end to throw them. What about taking a few of those Party Poppers that shoot streamers out with a bang? I'd certainly sign a banner.
iloverussell
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES party poppers!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cygnenoir
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a cool idea - oh, how I wish I were there.

I went to the last show of a U2 tour and some fans gave everyone placards as they came in that said "Thank You" on them.

It said in tiny print on them that you were supposed to hold them up during a certain song at a particular point. It was very dramatic to see all these signs go up at once. The band was really touched.
iloverussell
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coool, how wonderful

cygnenoir
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to help organize such a thing if someone wants to get me a plane ticket from LA?

If there's a big sign or something, I think it should also say thanks from all the webcast viewers all over the world too!

Last edited by cygnenoir on Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
iloverussell
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if i can get hold of a big something ill organise it... But i dont know what to use realy.. Need a huge peice of material that we can write on with huge marker pens....

Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a market not far from the venue...you can buy a bedsheet there...or pinch one of the covers off a stall.
sparksfanlm
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cygnenoir wrote:
That's a cool idea - oh, how I wish I were there.

Me too. That is a really lovely idea, Ron and Russ will be sooooo touched. How 'bout giving them teddy bears that are holding love hearts?
iloverussell
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:o)

Thermaland
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly off topic, but talking about Friday's show, everybody attending is aware that Central Line trains currently do not stop at Shepherd's Bush? Good good. Carry on.
DeeDee
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be good if all members of the band got at least a one minute chant of their name as they are introduced. And although he never introduces himself, but occasionally Ron does, don't forget Russell!
dafom
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever you guys do, I'll send moral support and good vibes from across the pond!

Poppers sounds like a good idea. The chant for each musician would be cool too -- it'd annoy some of the other fans, but I bet a lot of them would get into it.
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeeDee wrote:
I think it would be good if all members of the band got at least a one minute chant of their name as they are introduced. And although he never introduces himself, but occasionally Ron does, don't forget Russell!

Ron always gets a chant. Jim has had a couple, and I think Tammy got a chant yesterday. Russell got two separate chants tonight, although I couldn't distinguish whether people were shouting Russ-Russ or Russ-ell! Steve doesn't really lend itself to a chant although you could shout Ste-ven. Marcus suits a chant though.
Charlie Bucket
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the party poppers idea, count me in. A word of warning tho, the bouncers at Shepherds Bush Empire are miserable so and sos and may well confiscate them when doing a bag check as its possible theyd view them as dangerous, ridiculous I know but thats what they are like there unfortunately so Id suggest putting them in a discreet trouser pocket or similar.

If I may suggest a good time to fire them, I reckon it would be cool to do it at the end of This Town on the last beat after the final "I aint gonna leeeeeeave", if we could get it in time with that last drum crash that would be great!
sjadey
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As luck would have it, I have a box of 40 party poppers left over from Christmas, although I think we'll need a lot more to make an impact at SBE which is three times the size of the Academy. Perhaps others could get a few boxes (mine were a box of 50 from Poundland (where the pink cowboy hats came from)) and hand them out as people go in, or preferably in the pub before hand.

What about indoor sparklers and fireworks or are they too dangerous?

Actually, thinking about it, the bouncers/management might not take too kindly if they knew people were carrying mini-explosives, so best put them in your pockets out of sight. The bouncers will probably check any kind of bag.

On Friday I will be wearing my red Sparks T-shirt with R+R on front and 1995 tour dates on back. So if you want some of my poppers, just ask. Unfortunately, I will be on level 2 unless anyone wants to swap their downstairs ticket for mine (eg. if you're short, you will get a better view upstairs).

Where and when are people going to meet before the show?

FYI. Anyone who is driving to the show on Friday, there is no street parking along Wood Lane due to roadworks for the entire length.
T.N.K.
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be a fusspot, but don't you think a load of bangs of poppers is gonna cause panic among some people? You might find security won't know what's going on and just hear bangs and evacuate the building or something and it all backfires and it's a horrible ending!
How about flowers and putting them on stage at the start of the concert, it would make my heart warm if I sang with a line of unexpected flowers along the front of the stage (although not on it, the band might trip over!)
Small
Noisy Boy
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thermaland wrote:
Slightly off topic, but talking about Friday's show, everybody attending is aware that Central Line trains currently do not stop at Shepherd's Bush? Good good. Carry on.

Yup. But the Hammersmith & City Line, which is only about 200 metres from the Empire and runs through Paddington, Baker Street & Kings Cross is working fine.
MarkRae
Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.N.K. wrote:
I don't want to be a fusspot, but don't you think a load of bangs of poppers is gonna cause panic among some people? You might find security won't know what's going on and just hear bangs and evacuate the building or something and it all backfires and it's a horrible ending!

That is actually a very real possibility! The comment about the SBE staff being a bunch of miserable bar stewards is spot on...

If everyone let off party poppers at the same time, the venue security would panic and might actually stop the show until they were satisfied that the building hadn't been bombed.

And sparklers, or placards which were large enough to be seen, would simply not get past the bouncers. There's also a chance that anyone even attampting to bring sparklers into the venue might not even be allowed in anyway - it's not worh the risk...

Flowers, being very light, tend not to travel very far when thrown, so only those in the front few rows would actually be able to throw them on stage. Again, things being thrown onto the stage (even flowers) will simply panic the bouncers.

I agree that it would cool if we could show our appreciation and gratitude en mase, but please please please let's not do anything which might spoil the show...
iloverussell
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What can we do then?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: