SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How about this for a new topic? THANK YOU!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeangaut

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: How about this for a new topic? THANK YOU!! Reply with quote

THANK YOU FOR THOSE SHOWS!!!!! Wish I could have been there, but even if I had not seen the webcasts, I'd be saying thank you because this was unprecedented and simply amazing that

1. you guys would try to do this...
2. you both succeeded, and I was able to actually see the whole band succeed beyond my wildest expectations.

I am proud to be a fan of you both, and please keep making music as long as you care to.
Robin Davies
Certified Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said. The band deserve a huge amount of credit for pulling off such an audacious project as this.
Thanks R+R!
tackydaughter
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you indeed.
It made my year.
I was lucky enough to see three of the shows live (Kimono, Propaganda, Indiscreet) and I am so grateful for the stream allowing me to see the others too.
Now get some rest, guys! Ron Playing
sparksfanlm
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sooo much Ron and Russell and everyone else involved. It's been amazing, so sad it's over, but hopefully will get to see ECOTD live in Glasgow (wink wink) . Ron Playing .
tackydaughter
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparksfanlm wrote:
hopefully will get to see ECOTD live in Glasgow (wink wink) . Ron Playing .

Seconded!
lilywearsmoschino
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just experienced the best month of my life, seen some amazing shows and met so many great people. What else can I add to what everybody else has said, except .....
THANK YOU SPARKS!! Ron Playing

PS Glasgow loves Sparks - would love to see another Sparks Show in 2008!!!
ladystardust
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merci , merci beaucoup...
Dal
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of the same from me, too.
And to the web-streamers. I had no idea we were going to get access to all of those gigs.
Polish Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone involved for thinking of developing and executing such a wonderful project. Truely it has been one of the most enjoyable experiences of my life.

And to all the fantastic people I have met over the last month I wish you all a wonderful summer and hope to see you all again in a Sparks queue soon.
Joe Stunner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember during the first show when Russell said, "Jesus Christ...what have we let ourselves in for?"

Well, Russ...you, Ron, and everyone connected to 21 x 21 let us in for one of the greatest months of our lives and proved yet again what a unique and collosal talent Sparks are. THANK YOU from the bottom of my ticker for night after night of massive enjoyment. I'll never forget it.
rainbow
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, we cannot say this enough... THANXX Ron and Russell for this wonderful month, thanxxx everyone also involved, for the lifestream, so we could all see and hear...all fans over the world united in time and even space! WOW! Ron Playing
Thermaland
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear I posted something here earlier that was meant for another thread so have moved it now. That's multi-tabbing for you...
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx also to Steve, Jim, Marcus, Tammy & Steve for their great musicianship which was the backbone of this project and countless others who participated (dancers, Trinity College folks) and especially the guy working on the projections. They were all great! And it goes without saying Big Mahalos to Russell and Ron for EVERYTHING!
allydodd
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeangaut, you have started the most important thread ever on this forum.

Sparks have not only had the ambition to attempt something so lavish, so comprehensive, so unbelievely pleasing for their fans, they've actually went ahead and did it. And, they carried it out with the utmost perfection. Uncomprimising they were in their pursuit attainment of a standard excellence which could only impress. Of course, this meant months of feverish practise for R&R and the fantastic musicians who made up such a great, great band. And, what a time of hard work it must of been for the rest of the crew, supporting them in setting the stage and sound up, and managing the running of the shows and countless logisitics we fans can only ponder. What they have done is worthy of the history books.

What we have enjoyed is something so awesome, fantastic, and unique, no-one else will ever experience anything else even half as good. Its too amazing to imagine. Even with all the money in the world, you couldn't replicate this sort of thing and recreate that very special atmosphere blown in from many different countries.

We are fans of the greatest band ever, and everyone I've spoken to during 21x21 had realised this. Being a Sparks fan is the most rewarding thing ever. My words of appreciation seem too ubiquitous to properly acknowledge the enormity of this priceless treat of lifetime, but what's important is to just to try to say it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: