SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best individual song performances from 21x21
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polish Steve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many highlights difficult to pick just one but I think if I had to make a choice it would be the performance of Goofing Off at Introducing...the band had so much fun playing it and I think they seriously thought about an instant repeat of it as we all yelled for.
BritSwedeGuy
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Best performances (not best songs) Reply with quote

Propaganda (Plagiarism) - and Goofing Off for just creating an amazing atmosphere, that was probably the biggest surprise live - and a new live fave I suspect!
Noisy Boy
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powpowpow wrote:
still deciding on songs but my favourite moment - the audience shouting 'Oooooh! Let's do it!' at the beginning of Biology 2

I was just thinking about that today, and it brought a big grin to my face.
barnacles
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Baby's Taking Me Home wins hands down. The reaction to it said it all. Sensational.

Honourable mentions to Goofing Off on Introducing night and to Wunderbar which is a particular favourite of mine.
rainbow
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, Moon over Kentucky tops everything. Extended, energetic version of a wonderful song! And Alabamy rigt, Marry me, bbqtie..too many to mention. And songs I did not know yet! Like Looks aren't everything.
hyburn
Fan-in-Training

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Whippings and Apologies Reply with quote

Friday night's Whippings and Apologies was AWESOME. Goofing Off was great too and Dick Around. I can hardly believe I was there - felt like a historic ocassion. And aren't SPARKS fans wonderful people too?

I can't believe Russ was thanking US for being there - thanks to R&R and the band for making my 50th year so memorable - was a great birthday pressie guys.

I third them coming to Glasgow ASAP coz I'll be there. Ron Playing
rileyrempel
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - it's taken me a long time to reply to this one...I missed a few shows for one reason or another (thanks to the people posting stuff on Youtube, by the way).
Baby's Taking Me Home was probably the best performance I've seen from anyone ever. Nuff said.
Looks Aren't everything was great to see not once, but twice - I was also kind of surprised to discover that a lot of people on the forum like it as much as I do.
Something for the Girl - acrobatic vocals. Don't know how the dude pulls that off live. I guess I could say the same for This Town.
Good Morning - brilliant instrumentation, lyrics, performance.
Damn, it's difficult to choose.
Nastassia - one of my favorites...when you love a song that much, you're always a bit afraid that you'll be disappointed...nuh uh. It was great.
Change - also one of my favorites.
Wunderbar - that was a nice surprise!
The memory of Monster of Love still cracks me up. That was awesome.
Dick Around - it's an epic freak out.
Ghost of Liberace...How to Get Your Ass Kicked...Whippings and Apologies...Profile...

OK - I'll stop now, because this list could get way longer. I guess that's about 10 songs, so there's my top 10.
Tj Sundown
Power Groupie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Get in The Swim Pal! Reply with quote

Some very special moments off the top of my head...

Simple Ballet
Big Bands
Moon Over Kentucky
Equator
Mickey Mouse
The Decline and Fall Of Me
The Song That Sings Itself
Propaganda (Plagerism on stream but it was still soooo good)
Goofing Off (ECOTD)
Get In The Swing (ECOTD)

I also enjoyed ECOTD live and I'm now really getting into the album. Before that I was just so wrapped up in the 21 x 21 show).

It was fun shouting out crazy things after some of the songs too.

...Apart at ECOTD were I went with my mate who would have hit me over the head with a large plastic glass full of Guiness, so I had to be on best behaviour.

Joy
Joy
PETER RAWCLIFFE
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the song that for me came over the best was goofing off,having always been a fan of introding i was amazed at how the crowd got into the swing(sorry) straight away.
Joe Stunner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of the ones I saw, Goofing Off takes the biscuit. It was just a brilliant performance of a song I'd previously thought of as an "also ran".

If I had to pick a gig itself, I'd choose Plagerism - so many great performances, and just a fantastic atmosphere from band and audience.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: