SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you all

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Auke Lenstra
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Thank you all Reply with quote

I've been to the first 8 gigs (Halfnelson up to No1 in Heaven) and returned for the final one last friday.
All the other ones (except mtycdt) I did see on live streaming.

An amazing experience it was. I've been to several Sparks gigs since 1994 (I was to young in the 70's and 80's) but I think they where now better than ever.

I stayed for 11 days in London and last weekend for another 3 days. These where all very happy days and I would like to thank all people that made this possible.

I won't be complete but the persons that I really would like to thank for the great time I had:

- Of course Sparks for the great performances, but also Ron and Russell for the meeting that I had with them and the very nice chat that we had. They are not only the best band in the world, they are also very friendly people.
- All people at Bodhi Galery (esp. Ayesha) for the great job they did and for helping me to meet Ron and Russell.
- Sparks management and other people that helped on stage
- Madeline and Frank for the great after gigs
- Kishino (suppport for Lil'Beethoven) and his japanese friend
- All the nice fans I met
- My wife and kids for letting me go for 11 days
- And last but not least Tammy for the personal note that I received from her. She is a very nice person and she's also a great drummer.

I'm very happy that the reception was so good. It will encourage R&R to go on for some time. As we all heard they are still the best by far and I think their live performances still get better by the year.

I hope they will do an European Tour this year and in that case I'm sure I'll be present again at some of the gigs. For the time being I'm trying to prepare myself for the Jungfrau Marathon in Switzerland and during my long runs I'm enjoying my Sparks music to keep the great memories alive.
rwolf'68
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post, Auke, and I give thanks for all as well. In addition I thank God that I made it home to Hawaii in one piece and with only one hangover after all those evenings in the pub! Amazing. Sorry I didn't get a chance to make your acquaintance though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Live All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: