SPARKS Forum Index SPARKS
Discussions about the band SPARKS

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How often do you think of Sparks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

On average how often do you think of Sparks?
At least once very half hour?
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
At least once every hour?
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
At least once every 3 hours?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
At least once every 5 hours?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
At least once every 10 hours?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
At least once every 24 hours?
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
At least once every 2 days?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
At least once every 4 days?
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jill wrote:
I kinda hope such dreams won't happen to me too soon, because I suspect it would be something not too nice about music stores and chasing albums...

God, I have them dreams all the time... usually I've seen this great record that I never knew even existed (cause it doesn't but it does in my dream) and I'm running around trying to get to the shop or get the money to buy it and if I do manage to get it then I wake up and I'm all in a good mood till it slowly dawns on me that it was all a bloody dream. Hate those dreams... why do we torment ourselves so?

corina wrote:
"lady"
(may i call you only "lady" ?...)

Sure you can... it's not often I get called that

corina wrote:
(by the way, why you didnt put in the poll an option of "all day long"?)

Damn, I should of... and all of the night!
Sub-Deity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me cheer you up with an American dream... even if you already know the story:

"- Tell us a dream you had recently.
- There was a two-story apartment building under construction that was being transported en masse on a 747 airliner. The plane was attempting to land in Mission Bay, San Diego. The carpenters on top of the building appeared frightened, but the plane landed safely with the apartment building and carpenters not falling into the ocean. Then I got out a package of Red Vines and offered some to the pilot and crew for the safe passage. They all thanked me."
Re-Sparked
Groupie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Is Lingering wrote:

God, I have them dreams all the time... usually I've seen this great record that I never knew even existed (cause it doesn't but it does in my dream) and I'm running around trying to get to the shop or get the money to buy it and if I do manage to get it then I wake up and I'm all in a good mood till it slowly dawns on me that it was all a bloody dream. Hate those dreams... why do we torment ourselves so?

You're in search of the lost chord.
Alex Robertson
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady Is Lingering wrote:
God, I have them dreams all the time... usually I've seen this great record that I never knew even existed (cause it doesn't but it does in my dream) and I'm running around trying to get to the shop or get the money to buy it and if I do manage to get it then I wake up and I'm all in a good mood till it slowly dawns on me that it was all a bloody dream.
I've had very similar dreams to this..(.ie discovering a rare Sparks record in a shop but being thwarted from buying it through a combination of circumstances)I've also been at Sparks concerts in the strangest of venues...I've heard brand new songs(as yet not played in the real world)..and was even once gifted the lyrics to a new song...Ron had written them on a massive boulder,needless to say I couldn't move it.
Bearing in mind that most of these dreams occur without the aid of anything stronger than a bedtime cuppa.....God alone knows what they'd be like under some banned substance...lol
However it is highly reassuring to know I'm not alone in this particular form of madness...in fact it's making it quite quite normal
corina
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all of you make me laugh with your funny dreams

am i the only one who doesnt dream anything?...
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far Sparks have played in a church, in my parent's sitting room and in my local supermarket.... in my dreams that is.
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corina wrote:
all of you make me laugh with your funny dreams

am i the only one who doesnt dream anything?...

Apparently corina, everybody dreams, you're just not remembering yours.

Allegedly "This is a scientifically proven fact. Research has shown that all human beings in a study showed brain activity during their sleep. Just because you cannot remember your dreams does not mean that you do not dream. So why is it that some people don't remember their dream? This may be attributed to alcohol consumption, certain antibiotics, fever, lack of sleep, high levels of stress, and/or unconscious fears about the content of your dreams. Some researchers believe that certain people have a genetic disposition to forget their dreams as they come out of their sleep."

If you want to try to remember your dreams there's a few tips the experts suggest... Getting plenty of sleep is the first step to good dream recall. We all dream every night, about one dream period every 90 minutes. It is generally accepted among sleep researchers that dreams are not recalled unless the sleeper awakens directly from the dream, rather than after going on to other stages of sleep. If you find that you sleep too deeply to awaken from your dreams, try setting an alarm clock to wake you at a time when you are likely to be dreaming. Since our REM periods occur at approximately 90 minute intervals, good times will be multiples of 90 minutes after you go to sleep. Aim for the later REM periods by setting the alarm to go off at 4.5, 6, or 7.5 hours after you go to sleep. When you wake up, don't move, think first of what you were just dreaming.

I'm not sure how bothered you are about remembering dreams or not but personally even though I have some pretty horrible ones I'd rather remeber my dreams than not remember them at all. Who knows, if you follow the experts' advice you may find yourself being serenaded by R&R in a local supermarket or backstage with them chugging red wine. Anyway, it'll increase your 'how often do I think of Sparks' ratio!:)
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady

i know that everybody dreams.
but if i dont remember anything, for me its like not dreaming at all.

i think that there is a more simple explanation for forgetting dreams...
they are just not important or interesting enough to remember them !

i am sure that if i was dreaming something about the sparks i wouldnt forget it :)

and about the tip with the alarm clock, thanks, but there isnt any dream (even not a sparks dream...) who is wort awakening to the sounds of the alarm clock.
:)
PETER RAWCLIFFE
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sleep all night with the radio on very quietly,do you think this is strange Corina,Does anyone else do this?

Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corina wrote:
lady

i think that there is a more simple explanation for forgetting dreams...
they are just not important or interesting enough to remember them !

I wish my brain (both sleeping and conscious) had the ability to edit out the unimportant or uninteresting things! I'll just have to take pot luck.
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PETER RAWCLIFFE wrote:
I sleep all night with the radio on very quietly,do you think this is strange Corina,Does anyone else do this?

Well, it's amazing how lulling the sound of morning radio can be when you just don't want to get up! As far as going to sleep to the sound of a radio at night, it would need to be a station that wasn't annoying, no matter how low the volume. I could never doze off to those annoying phone in radio shows, the people on them just wind me up so much. But nice music played low can certainly send me off to sleep, like a lullaby. I remember the night before the ECOTD concert I was lying in bed in a hostel in Camden and it was quite noisy (Big Surprise) and I put ECOTD on my iPod and went off like a baby somewhere after the 3rd or 4th song... ah, nice memories :)
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PETER RAWCLIFFE wrote:

i know about other people who like to sleep with the radio or tv opened. and when you close their radio, you make them wake up! :)

so you are not the only one :)

why do you need an open radio any way?

i personally cant do it,
if i want to sleep i must be in a totally quiet room, even the ticking sound of the clock can disturbe me.

but still, i did fell asleep a few times during listening to music.
(not because the music was boring, but because i was very tired :))
corina
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lady

i hate those phone call shows too,
but the must terrible ones (at least in my country we have them) are the political and actuality shows, where everybody screams at evrybody else.
ahhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!

i wake up in the morning (ok,for me its in the noon:)) to the sounds of the phone who is playing me "the calm before the storm"

its a nice way to get up, comparing to the annoying loud alarm clock i had before.

and its also very symbolic: we have some calm moments in the morning, before we go out to the "storm" of the road, work, etc.
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If today is anything to go by thinking of Sparks ONCE every half an hour is drastically underestimating the depth of my malady.

I'm genuinely delighted to see that well over 50% of ye all have got the Sparks' bug so bad that not even an hour can go by without you thinking of them. I bet even Ron and Russell Mael don't think of Sparks that often!!
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LADY, ITS NOT A STATION THAT HAS DJ`S,ITS CONTINUOUS MUSIC THROUGH THE NIGHT WITH STUFF LIKE ABBA,CARPENTERS AND SO ON,ITS ALSO ON AT A VERY LOW LEVEL AS WELL.

Re-Sparked
Groupie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have the radio on when I slept but not any more. I dreamed John Wayne had died one night & when I woke up I heard that he had. I'd obviously picked up on it from the news while I slept.
As I work nights now I hear quite a lot of those phone-in shows which can be annoying at times. The best one at the moment is Big George (who composed the theme music of 'Have I got news for you' among others) on BBC London 94.9. He's very entertaining.
grace adieu
Junior Groupie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lord, too, too often. How much is too much, I wonder? Because I suspect that, since the ECOTD show, I may be straying over that twilight border into the realms of the obsessive... Although they've never followed me into my dreams so maybe there's hope for me yet!
PETER RAWCLIFFE
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the theme of thinking of sparks everyday i was so into `when do i get to sing my way` that i made sure i had to play it at least once a day,I cant remember the exact amount of days it lasted but it was well over 3 years,I do remember when i forgot to play it as i was in bed after midnight one day and suddenly realised that i hadnt played it,you may laugh but i was gutted that the sequence had ended after keeping it going for so long.
Lady Is Lingering
Sparkologist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PETER RAWCLIFFE wrote:
On the theme of thinking of sparks everyday i was so into `when do i get to sing my way` that i made sure i had to play it at least once a day,I cant remember the exact amount of days it lasted but it was well over 3 years,I do remember when i forgot to play it as i was in bed after midnight one day and suddenly realised that i hadnt played it,you may laugh but i was gutted that the sequence had ended after keeping it going for so long.

Oh my, Peter... This just highlights the futility of life doesn't it?
Sparks Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU COULD BE RIGHT LADY
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SPARKS Forum Index -> Sparks Polls All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: